• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding Rabbits

Lishyboy44

New Kit
Hi i currently have a neutered male mini lop almost 2 years old and was thinking about bonding a younger female dwarf lop. She is only about 10 weeks old and cannot be sprayed yet. Can i indroduce them now and spray her later of would it be better to wait, get her sprayed and then indroduce her.
Any help would be much appreciated.

Welcome to the forum :wave:

I've recently done this. My neutered buck is seven and a half years old. I introduced a 3 month old unspayed doe and it was very successful. I had her spayed when she started to develop hormonal behaviours. My buck went to the vets with her for this and I did not have to separate them at all. They are still very happily bonded.

I was advised by the rescue, where I adopted the doe from, that such bonds where the doe is pre-pubertal, usually work very well.

I agree with Omi although I have never done this myself. I have always waited until the Doe was older, it really will depend on your Buck and you can't know until you try it. She is of course still a baby and different rabbits react differently to babies, some are very aggressive towards them. At least being so young she will not have become territorial as hormones haven't started to develop.

Back