• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hello all!

Hi there!

I have had rabbits as a child but since moving to a new home with a big garden, my husband and I decided to adopt a pair of rabbits. We were hoping for some Dutch or Mini Lops. We went into Pets at Home to get some food and supplies, and my husband spotted two rabbits in a den in the adoption section. They look petrified and being new owners wanted something a bit ‘easier’! However he asked the assistant out of interest and she said that their mum was a lion head found as a stray in a car park. She then had a litter of babies and from the looks of them, it would appear dad was a wild rabbit! Anyway, we could see they were terrified and we couldn’t bare the thought of them going to a rubbish home and being locked in a hutch forever, or being returned because they weren’t tame. We decided we would give them a lovely life regardless of weather we would be able to tame them. As they were being boxed the lady said “just the brother to home now”...(can you see where this is goin!?)
Long story short we are now the proud owners of two beautiful girls, Penny and Dillis, and a handsome boy, Chester!

Chester is obviously seperate until they are all neutered! Looking forward to getting advice on the best diet, housing arrangements, bonding and generally trying to make friends with semi-wild buns!

Hi, and welcome to the forum:wave: I’m sure once they are settled in and realise you are the bringer of food they will begin to relax in your presence. Very important to get them vaccinated, they need 2 vaccines, one for myxomatosis and RHD1, and another for RHD2. There’s lots of info in the housing sticky about indoor and outdoor housing, the more space the better. For outside a shed is ideal, with a large attached run.

Hi there!

I have had rabbits as a child but since moving to a new home with a big garden, my husband and I decided to adopt a pair of rabbits. We were hoping for some Dutch or Mini Lops. We went into Pets at Home to get some food and supplies, and my husband spotted two rabbits in a den in the adoption section. They look petrified and being new owners wanted something a bit ‘easier’! However he asked the assistant out of interest and she said that their mum was a lion head found as a stray in a car park. She then had a litter of babies and from the looks of them, it would appear dad was a wild rabbit! Anyway, we could see they were terrified and we couldn’t bare the thought of them going to a rubbish home and being locked in a hutch forever, or being returned because they weren’t tame. We decided we would give them a lovely life regardless of weather we would be able to tame them. As they were being boxed the lady said “just the brother to home now”...(can you see where this is goin!?)
Long story short we are now the proud owners of two beautiful girls, Penny and Dillis, and a handsome boy, Chester!

Chester is obviously seperate until they are all neutered! Looking forward to getting advice on the best diet, housing arrangements, bonding and generally trying to make friends with semi-wild buns!

Hi there and welcome to the Forum :wave:

Some info here on diet and housing etc ...

http://www.therabbithouse.com

http://www.therabbithouse.com/diet/

https://rabbitwelfare.co.uk

I look forward to hearing more about your very lucky rabbits :D

Hello. How are you all getting on? Would love to see some pics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back