• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Eating hair

So I went for a shower the other night and went to bed with wet hair, I was laying in bed with the dog and then my bun jumped up onto the bed and sat next to me. I heard him chewing something and I went to turn around to check what it was and i felt a tug from my hair, I don't know if he was sucking on it or chewing on it but he was tugging on it pretty hard aha. He's never done it before and he seemed to be tugging on it pretty hard and my hair is dark brown so he can't mistake it for hay and he had two bowls of water so he shouldn't have done it from thirst lol, anybody else's rabbits do this and does anyone know why?

Sent from my D6653 using Tapatalk

So I went for a shower the other night and went to bed with wet hair, I was laying in bed with the dog and then my bun jumped up onto the bed and sat next to me. I heard him chewing something and I went to turn around to check what it was and i felt a tug from my hair, I don't know if he was sucking on it or chewing on it but he was tugging on it pretty hard aha. He's never done it before and he seemed to be tugging on it pretty hard and my hair is dark brown so he can't mistake it for hay and he had two bowls of water so he shouldn't have done it from thirst lol, anybody else's rabbits do this and does anyone know why?

Sent from my D6653 using Tapatalk
I've had a rabbit nom my wet hair.. Idk why she did it [emoji38]

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Our girly bunny Bella absolutely adores my other half and when his face fuzz gets a little too long, she'll groom his face and start plucking his hair!! :lol: :lol:

We just assume she's grooming Mart as he's looking messy and needs tidying up! :thumb:

Yes one of my rabbits bit a huge chunk of my hair off and started eating it :shock:

At first I just assumed he was grooming me, since both my rabbits lick my face if I'm lying down near them, but happened to look up and about 10cm of my hair was hanging out of his mouth!! Luckily managed to pull it all out. Strangest experience...

Back