• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Meadowbloom Ursula ~ 29/08/18

tlcwrites

Mama Doe
I can't believe I'm already sitting here and writing this. It's all wrong and jumbled up. This shouldn't have happened. At the very least, I should have been with you. I should have prioritised your health, care, and wellbeing. I should have stayed with you when you were in your hour of need. I haven't even been able to say goodbye to you, not properly. I'm having to go through the motions of farewell, but not with you right there in front of me.

(That's not to say I didn't trust the person who gave you care during your final days. I did, but it's still not the same as being hands-on.)

Meadowbloom arrived with husbun Neonara in April. My grandfather had passed away a month beforehand, and he had a great affinity with animals. He loved my rabbits, but always said that lops weren't "real" rabbits. So, we adopted two "real" rabbits in honour of him, 2 dutches, Bloom and Drifter; now Meadowbloom Ursula and Neonara Drifter.

Meadow couldn't have suited her name any more if she tried. Right from the off, with humans, she was the sweetest bunny imaginable. So gentle, so placid, so friendly, so easygoing and easy to handle. So small and dainty too. It didn't take long for people to become smitten, and she was especially good with 9 year old E. We always rename rabbits once they reach their forever home, but keep a portion of their previous name in honour of where they came. With Meadow, I had a little "fun". I wanted to find a name that worked like Rivergrace, but one of my own invention. Meadowbloom rolled off the tongue just right, and it kept her rescue name in the forefront. Ursula, Jill informed me, was her name prior to rescue and didn't particularly suit her. I, however, thought it worked wonderfully as a middle name, especially with the rhythm of Meadowbloom before. In the last few days, she finally picked up a nickname relating to it too - Little Bear. But I never got to say it directly to her. :(

The day after she arrived, the big bonding project began. The intention? To have 9 rabbits bonded into one huge group outside. It started okay, but ultimately wasn't meant to be. Meadow took a severe disliking to Persephone, scarring her ear and leading to her separation. She then started beating up Selene, even making her scream. You wouldn't believe such a sweet little dutch bunny could do so much damage to a rabbit that had almost a kilogram on her in weight!

Thankfully, Selene and Persephone are both none the worse for wear after Meadow's shenanigans. The group of 5, meanwhile, settled - Athena, Rivergrace, and fellow Honeybunnies Erasmus Chipper, and of course, Neo. The dynamics of that group of 5 was just beautiful and although my dreams of a super group were dashed, I was happy with where they had come.

With Erasmus Chipper, Athena, Rivergrace, and Neonara Drifter, Meadow was an easygoing rabbit who got along happily enough with anyone and anybun. She enjoyed exploring her set-up and enjoyed fresh hay more than even fresh food. She was very trusting with her humans and happy to allow us to pick her up, hold her, cuddle her, stroke her. She loved the attention.

It was because of this that she became E's favourite. She would sit so still on her lap and allow her to stroke her. They could have learned so much from one another but that journey is already over. It breaks my heart.

You were - are - such a special little rabbit Meadowbloom. We didn't have nearly enough time with you and your passing will always pain me. It shouldn't have been this way.

Please, go be that proper little rabbit for my grandfather. He'll adore you and give you all the love you need. We'll look after Neo and the rest of your gang too, and the rabbits you were less than fond of too.

With lots of love, sweetheart. This is not goodbye - simply, 'til we meet again.

xxxxx

Meadow during the early days on bonding, before it went wrong:

On the day she and Neo arrived:
1cO2vZe.jpg

LKXFOLZ.jpg

Once outside, and settled:
IFHJ8ox.jpg

o4Yqmew.jpg

zB1YmWX.jpg

qhtEYYp.jpg

QNxZqHs.jpg

b9FM0Hp.jpg

75tLx3e.jpg

mrxc3mi.jpg

hZDEpDo.jpg

UlWey6V.jpg

pazUi84.jpg

SlUG1BR.jpg

Oh tlc, I cannot believe Meadowbloom has gone I'm so shocked.

I knew she had been unwell but have been experiencing problems with the forum so a little behind on everything.

Huge hugs for you, I know how much u were taken with her and what a lovely tribute you wrote in her honour.

x Binky free Meadowbloom Ursula x

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

I was so very sad and shocked to get your message :( So sorry you didn't have her for longer and you weren't there to say a proper goodbye.
Binky free Bloom and hugs to you Tracie xxx

I grieve with you today, T. I am so very sorry for the loss of Meadowbloom. I don't think the universe contains enough time for us to spend with our sweet bunnies. My thoughts are with you and E. I really hope that you can take some comfort from knowing there are those who stand with you on this very sad day to hold out a hand for you to clasp.

Sleep peacefully, Meadowbloom Ursula...the Great and Small Bears have a new star to shine with them this evening. :cry: xxxxx

Thank you everyone for your kind words. I'm still so shocked and numbed by her loss. I just want to go home and cuddle up with other buns. Tomorrow, tomorrow...

But it will still be a tomorrow without my beautiful tiny Meadow...

I was so very sad and shocked to get your message :( So sorry you didn't have her for longer and you weren't there to say a proper goodbye.
Binky free Bloom and hugs to you Tracie xxx

Thank you so, so much for giving me the opportunity to get to know her and love her. She may have only been with me a short while, but I will always treasure the time we had.

So sorry that you too are going through the horrible pain of loss, tlc. I also know very well the shock and feeling that this shouldn't have happened that you get when they weren't here for long enough. And how we wish we were there. These bunnies make us love so much don't they? I suppose that goes to show how special they are.
Xxx

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Tapatalk

Back