• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Litter training

amybunnies

New Kit
Hi all,
Our bunnies were not litter trained at all when we got them so we have been working on it, we have two big litter trays in the lounge with hay above both and we are picking up all accidents and putting them in the litter tray and leaving them dirty a little longer than we would like to so that they get used to the smell and they seem to be doing ok on the whole. The problem we are having is that they both like to pee on my partner. I think it must be a dominance thing but I was just wondering if there is anything we can do to stop this pre-neuter? We do put the bunnies straight in the litter box when they don’t but it doesn’t make any difference, they seem determined to pee on my poor OH!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry no-one has seen your Thread. Unfortunately I have never experienced this. I did have a rabbit which wee'd on her friend and her friend did not like it one bit. She had orange streaks all down her so I bonded her with a lovely boy instead. That was 20 years ago when the females didn't get spayed as much as they do now. Do you know which sex your rabbits are?

I have a boy and a girl but the both do it. The girl is 5 months old and going in to be spayed tomorrow and the boy is only 10 weeks, he does it the most.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is a bit naughty isn't it? I've never had this problem as when I have had indoor rabbits they have always been in an enclosure. Good luck with the spay. I am pretty sure it will stop when they are both neutered, I hope!

Just stumbled across this thread and my two baby buns (back in the day) used to pee on me, the sofa, the carpet. They both grew out of it. It was so bad we had to wrap the sofa in a protective plastic. They grew out if it eventually I think around 6-8 months old? Just stopped doing it. Now I just get the odd territory poops. I definitely believe young buns like to wee on fabrics

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

I imagine aswell your partner is probably sat minding his own business and very approachable for a good old pee. Especially if he's got nice jeans or pj bottoms on!

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Back