• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vinyl, Laminate or Lino?

binkyCodie

Mama Doe
which can I use? are they all the same? is one better than the other?

for the rabbits pen that is :lol: thinking about asking if a few carpet shops have any larger cut offs but I'm not sure what one I could use - if any??

I don't know what I'm doing, nor do I know how flooring works, our house still has carpet in it from the original house from 1980 or something :oops::lol:

we have used lino for both out rabbit sheds - that was left over from our bathroom - its been great for our rabbits!!

Laminate comes as planks - like fake floorboards that click together. I wouldn't use it in a rabbit run as moisture will go down the cracks and eventually ruin it.

Vinyl and lino are sheets of thick plasticy material which comes in (or off) a roll, or sometimes in tiles to stick down. I would prefer a thick, waterproof sheet material for hygiene. Just make sure the buns can't get at the edges as it may get chewed.

I’m actually not sure what the difference is between vinyl and lino :shock: but that’s what I use in my bunny shed and also in the indoor pen. I always have a feel of it before I buy, a textured finish is better for them to get about on. I have laminate flooring in my living room and it’s too slippy for them, they don’t like it.

We've just moved to a house with laminate, both current rabbits have always been on carpet. Jake got used to it straight away and was hopping fine, jasmine however refused to leave their crate for 5 days bless her! They have a large rug and various other things like tunnels, vet bed so she started hopping from each of these but now she will walk on the laminate slowly. I would rather use lino for more grip though, my previous bunny was on lino with no issues.

I use vinyl. I ordered it from eBay. I bought grass design! It’s fab!
d732afc6b936294105d3380fcff4c66f.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thank you for explaining the differences, I needed it honestly :lol:

so laminate is out from the sounds of it.

I'm guessing vinyl and lino are the same, so whatever I can get my hands on? I can't be too picky as I want offcuts.. the space I need wouldnt be worth buying as I'd have so much left over as the minimum they come in is 2m.

its mostly just to protect my carpet as they'll chew that. I was planning to get it bigger than the pen so they cant get any edges :)

Back