• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

So sorry Benjamin

Thank you to everyone who has commented. It has been very helpful. I will probably keep wondering what happened and thinking about what I could or should have done differently. Poor Benjamin should have had so much longer and deserved so much better, but I will try to just remember him for the lovely bunny that he was. My heart goes out to anyone who has experienced similar.
Xxx
dfb297625a638abf581e38337d0beb3f.jpg

9664b48e7476f1e913726c8addd94167.jpg

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Tapatalk

What a gorgeous bunny :love:

That face betrays a sweet and innocent personality, full of love x

Thanks again everyone. Yes MM he was very sweet. Good idea about the teddy Leanne. I'm sorry you too lost your bun while away. Losing anyone like that is always hard. I will get Clover a friend, but I want to wait until I know it's safe and I think I too will be sad that it's not my rabbit, until he begins to feel like my rabbit.
Xx
(My son thinks Benjamin was his rabbit!!!)

Unfortunately rabbits do just suddenly pass away sometimes. I've had a few over the years that where perfectly healthy one moment then suddenly dead without symptoms. It's very upsetting and we often blame ourselves, did we miss the signs? Could we have done something differently? Rabbits hide symptoms well and will often only appear sick when it's already very serious.

You can't sit around blaming yourself and feeling guilty. You gave him a good life, he was loved and cared for. Yes, it's very sad that he passed away so young but it's not your fault and you couldn't have done anything to save him. Not knowing why or how he died is very hard to handle but please stop blaming yourself. He wouldn't have blamed you, he loved you and wouldn't want you to be sad. Everyone on here can see how loved he was.

Thanks Lillian and loobers. Everyone has been amazing and it has really helped. I still wish I had a time machine, but have received loads of support and learnt a lot too. Glad I joined the forum.
Xx

Oh I'm so sorry you have lost your beautiful Benjamin, what a handsome bunny :cry:

Don't blame yourself it could be he had an underlying problem you don't know it happens, I've lost two young bunnies to heart
problems that we didn't know they had till it was to late, both were energetic and happy little bunnies that just sadly had heart
attacks and died :cry:

Binky forever free Benjamin all well again at the Bridge xx

Thanks tuckerbunnies, yes I will never know for sure what happend to Benjamin. One thing is for sure, I will be frightened to take my bunnies anywhere in future.
Poor Benjamin. I am still finding his little fine soft white hairs in various places and droppings on the lawn. I know they are his as Clover's are different and even this makes my heart ache.
It will be hard to go to the rescue and look at other bunnies, but I feel I need to. Clover is eating ok, but I know she needs a friend.
X

Thanks tuckerbunnies, yes I will never know for sure what happend to Benjamin. One thing is for sure, I will be frightened to take my bunnies anywhere in future.
Poor Benjamin. I am still finding his little fine soft white hairs in various places and droppings on the lawn. I know they are his as Clover's are different and even this makes my heart ache.
It will be hard to go to the rescue and look at other bunnies, but I feel I need to. Clover is eating ok, but I know she needs a friend.
X

I know this feeling very well.

I hope you're beginning to feel little more positive, although these things take time. Sometimes a lot of time.

On one occasion my little lad was frantic when his partner died. He wouldn't let me take her body away :( They are sensitive souls, and very fragile sometimes as with Benjamin. I know you'll do your best for Clover, but there's no hurry unless she's getting depressed and not eating.

I hope she's OK, and you too xx

Thanks again MM. I have read everything I can find on the internet and spoken to 2 different vets and am beginning to understand that I will never work out what happened. I suppose I just expected him to be here for about 12 years! It was so unexpected and such a shock. Now I know how common it is for rabbits to die suddenly.
Clover is fine. She groomed me for the first time! I will post pics on another section if she makes a new friend.
I will always remember lovely Benjamin, who was loved for being a gentle character, for being beautiful and because he was my first rabbit- just for being rabbity!
X

Back