• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

£15 RHD2 Vax in Essex! #29

Sorry I missed this .....

Between £40 and £50 for each vaccination ....
Woah! That's mad! I think if William charged that I'd go, just because it's him... But no other vet.. I'd shop around I think [emoji38]

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

My usual vet charges £40 for RHD2, last year I took them to another local vet where it costs £22.80. The other vet is on the RWAF list so I had been interested in trying them anyway. Due again in just over a month and I’ll be going with the cheaper vets again.

Usual vet is £49.50 for myxo / rhd whereas the other one is £33 so again a fair difference but my 3 have the vac4life plan so I don’t actually pay for myxo / rhd every year but if it wasn’t for them having the plan I would definitely switch to the cheaper vet.

It is awful that so many rabbits are unvaccinated, unfortunately many do see them as a throwaway pet as mentioned earlier :( I have also seen a lot of posts on Facebook where people don’t think indoor rabbits need to be vaccinated, even sometimes advised this by their vet. That said, the information is readily available online and google would quickly bring up lots of welfare information.

I've also seen quite a few posts on FB where the rabbit/s were due their vaccination in a week or two but sadly have come down with this.

My usual vet charges £40 for RHD2, last year I took them to another local vet where it costs £22.80. The other vet is on the RWAF list so I had been interested in trying them anyway. Due again in just over a month and I’ll be going with the cheaper vets again.

Usual vet is £49.50 for myxo / rhd whereas the other one is £33 so again a fair difference but my 3 have the vac4life plan so I don’t actually pay for myxo / rhd every year but if it wasn’t for them having the plan I would definitely switch to the cheaper vet.

It is awful that so many rabbits are unvaccinated, unfortunately many do see them as a throwaway pet as mentioned earlier :( I have also seen a lot of posts on Facebook where people don’t think indoor rabbits need to be vaccinated, even sometimes advised this by their vet. That said, the information is readily available online and google would quickly bring up lots of welfare information.

It's heartbreaking Casco, it really is :(

Shopping around is fair enough I think, if vets are not going to all charge around the same price for vaccinations.

Yes, I've heard that about house rabbits not needing to be vaccinated, but I certainly know of cases near me (house rabbits) that have died so I wouldn't risk not vaccinating.

I've also seen quite a few posts on FB where the rabbit/s were due their vaccination in a week or two but sadly have come down with this.

Yes I know this is rather shocking.

I am looking into this and will let you know what my findings are as soon as possible.

Black Notley is proper Essex though, not sure how long it'd take for me to get there, already takes me half an hour to get to William in Brentwood
About another 45mins? My parents are in Shenfield (east end of Brentwood) and my mate's in Black Notley end of Braintree :)

We vaccinated our first rabbit, Charlie, once, back when it was the 6m Myxi one. We weren't told we needed to do it more often, I think the vet assumed we knew?! That was 1988 XD I expect the same level of knowledge is the same these days: you only vaccinate your kids 'once' (or it's a defined course, but limited), you don't do it every year, except flu and stuff but that's really new. I expect if you don't have any annual jabs etc. yourself, then you wouldn't even consider it for your pets (as a 'basic' owner) :S

About another 45mins? My parents are in Shenfield (east end of Brentwood) and my mate's in Black Notley end of Braintree :)

We vaccinated our first rabbit, Charlie, once, back when it was the 6m Myxi one. We weren't told we needed to do it more often, I think the vet assumed we knew?! That was 1988 XD I expect the same level of knowledge is the same these days: you only vaccinate your kids 'once' (or it's a defined course, but limited), you don't do it every year, except flu and stuff but that's really new. I expect if you don't have any annual jabs etc. yourself, then you wouldn't even consider it for your pets (as a 'basic' owner) :S

Ah Shenfield! One of my friends is from there, fancy! [emoji38]

Yea Black Notley is about an hour from me. Its weird I'm like in a London Borough, but Essex is close by, but not proper Essex, I was in Braintree the other day, I think that's a weird place [emoji38] altho I went to freeport on way home, never been there before, was nice, may have to go again sometime :)

Yes, good point :thumb:

Ah Shenfield! One of my friends is from there, fancy! [emoji38]

Yea Black Notley is about an hour from me. Its weird I'm like in a London Borough, but Essex is close by, but not proper Essex, I was in Braintree the other day, I think that's a weird place [emoji38] altho I went to freeport on way home, never been there before, was nice, may have to go again sometime :)
My dad's lived in the same house since 1958 :shock: So as a family we're not so fancy :lol: My Mum's from Braintree and she used to own a bungalow about 100yds from where my mate now lives (she's from Brentwood originally). Braintree is weird, for a start it's one of the cheapest places to live in Essex :S Not for much longer I expect! I don't much like Freeport but it's a 20min work to the nice restaurants from her house.

Totally derailing this thread :lol: That's awful about the 'covered' deaths though, will go and read the other thread now :(

My dad's lived in the same house since 1958 :shock: So as a family we're not so fancy :lol: My Mum's from Braintree and she used to own a bungalow about 100yds from where my mate now lives (she's from Brentwood originally). Braintree is weird, for a start it's one of the cheapest places to live in Essex :S Not for much longer I expect! I don't much like Freeport but it's a 20min work to the nice restaurants from her house.

Totally derailing this thread :lol: That's awful about the 'covered' deaths though, will go and read the other thread now :(

Those places that were once cheap seem to be the 'up and coming'. Good if you intend to sell :)

Yes it's quite shocking to hear of vaccinated rabbits dying, but in the scheme of things, it's just like a human vaccine.
We do expect our little ones to be covered though, despite the fact that nothing's 100% and there are no guarantees :cry:

My dad's lived in the same house since 1958 :shock: So as a family we're not so fancy [emoji38] My Mum's from Braintree and she used to own a bungalow about 100yds from where my mate now lives (she's from Brentwood originally). Braintree is weird, for a start it's one of the cheapest places to live in Essex :S Not for much longer I expect! I don't much like Freeport but it's a 20min work to the nice restaurants from her house.

Totally derailing this thread [emoji38] That's awful about the 'covered' deaths though, will go and read the other thread now :(
Ah people from Shenfield and Brentwood just seem much better off compared to the people around where I live, every time I go to the vet it's like a different type of person in the waiting room [emoji38] but then where I am has always been a bit rough tbh.

I'm not so sure about Braintree ever changing tbh Idk why [emoji38]

Ah I quite liked it, was only there about an hour before it closed so was quiet :)

Back