• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How Do Your Rabbits Behave At The Vet?

Well mine has this on he file now... she just gets impatient, she doesn’t actually mind being AT the vets but wants things done fast!

614afe9c11cd2a1ab9c9756abab1e3a0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Well mine has this on he file now... she just gets impatient, she doesn’t actually mind being AT the vets but wants things done fast!

614afe9c11cd2a1ab9c9756abab1e3a0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
[emoji38][emoji38][emoji38][emoji38][emoji38] That's brilliant

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Loving these answers :lol:
Most of mine decide that I am the safest place to be but a couple have to be held firmly or end up on someone's head :shock:

Took my lot for their Myxi jabs to Jason Burgess on Monday and had the traditional business of Logan being very nosy and wanting to explore with all of them doing some variation of jumping/standing in my arms. The only interesting thing was that when it came to getting their teeth checked, no bunny chomped on the scope which Jason said he'd not had before. Think it was "I know what I'm doing aura" that caused that.

Pip is very good at the vets, she snuggles backwards into my tummy or will turn around and put her paws on me. She loves cuddles with the nurse and seems to enjoy her visits!

Archie is a bit of a nervous wreck when it comes to vets. He starts shaking as soon as he goes in the carrier and doesn't stop until he's home again. His eyes bulge and he starts shedding fur everywhere. He trys to hide in the carrier and will try to get back in it straight away. If we remove the carrier then it's time to shuffle backwards into mummy away from the scary vets.

Nothing i do calms him down. :-(

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Pip is very good at the vets, she snuggles backwards into my tummy or will turn around and put her paws on me. She loves cuddles with the nurse and seems to enjoy her visits!

Archie is a bit of a nervous wreck when it comes to vets. He starts shaking as soon as he goes in the carrier and doesn't stop until he's home again. His eyes bulge and he starts shedding fur everywhere. He trys to hide in the carrier and will try to get back in it straight away. If we remove the carrier then it's time to shuffle backwards into mummy away from the scary vets.

Nothing i do calms him down. :-(

Have you tried putting a couple of drops of Bach Rescue Remedy in their water for a couple of days before the planned vet visit? My bridge bunny Flop hated travelling and Bramble would end up with a wet head where he’d dribbled on her. Using rescue remedy really reduced this and he seemed to travel much better.

Have you tried putting a couple of drops of Bach Rescue Remedy in their water for a couple of days before the planned vet visit? My bridge bunny Flop hated travelling and Bramble would end up with a wet head where he’d dribbled on her. Using rescue remedy really reduced this and he seemed to travel much better.
Yeah we have tried it and it helped a bit. We also spray pet remedy in the car.

Going to use when we move next week.

I've had a bunny (my beloved Cassie) stuck in my cardigan sleeve before at the vets. My current two- Bob is an angel (though I think through fear), Boogie is a "treat on the floor" after taking a flying leap off the table on her first visit.

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

Willow and Charlie: total panic. Trembling all the way to the vet. Trembling with fear at the vet. Trying to hide under each other's body. Petrified, frozen. After we take them back home and let them out in the garden, they recover quickly though.

Back