• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Partitioning off part of a room...

Casco

Mama Doe
I’m considering partitioning off the back of my dining area for the bunnies rather than using a pen when I bring them back indoors soon. Has anyone used the manor pet housing style panels right across a room? I’m wondering if the panels will be secure enough if they are straight across a room (approx 3m wide). The ones I have I made myself, they are about 120cm x 120cm wooden frame with Perspex. I will have to make a door panel too as I previously used one from a heavy duty puppy panel which won’t fit in the space I will have available.

Not a very good photo but we have just MDF painted with cuprinol. Made a gate from a baby gate
2cf662c0cb6cbe07c31177427dd930a4.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Also now maple has the pet manor housing style as you mention and it goes across the room. It's very sturdy. It sounds like a good idea to me!

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Oh yours looks lovely :) presumably screwing it into the wall is enough to make it secure? I’ll probably have to put the door to one side as my dining table is in the middle of the room (how inconsiderate of us to have a dining table taking up space :lol:). And find a way to protect the blind on the patio door, they have already damaged it through a puppy panel so I’ll maybe have to put Perspex panels across the patio door too.

Back