• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Scent glands help - new question 09/12

Ok, I managed to get the solidified bits off with lots of gentle persuasion. I think she still needs her scent glands cleaned properly, but she started struggling, so I'll get that tomorrow.
She thanked me with a hard bite on the boob :lol:

I checked on Poppy a couple of days after cleaning her scent glands, and decided she would benefit from a bum bath, that was Saturday.

Checked her today, and she still smells. I don't know if I'm just picking up on it because I'm looking for it, or if it's a bigger problem? I had a closer look, and everything appears clean enough, but her fur around her bum area is a bit waxy.

I checked on Poppy a couple of days after cleaning her scent glands, and decided she would benefit from a bum bath, that was Saturday.

Checked her today, and she still smells. I don't know if I'm just picking up on it because I'm looking for it, or if it's a bigger problem? I had a closer look, and everything appears clean enough, but her fur around her bum area is a bit waxy.
Is she spayed? :)

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

New question:

Our other bunny smelled like his scent glands needed a good clean out, but when I did it, they were nice and clean looking anyway. The clean out didn't help with the smell either. Is that something to worry about?

New question:

Our other bunny smelled like his scent glands needed a good clean out, but when I did it, they were nice and clean looking anyway. The clean out didn't help with the smell either. Is that something to worry about?
Is he neutered? I find they smell more when they aren't.. [emoji38]

Sent via carrier pigeon

Yes, neutered a few years ago now. The smell is definitely new!
Hmm I really don't know then, weird that it's new all of a sudden, I think I read somewhere that male buns that are neutered can be a bit rubbish at cleaning them.. But you said they were clean..

Hopefully someone else will be able to comment :)

Sent via carrier pigeon

Back