• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Please keep Phillip in your thoughts (Update on post 146)

Phillip update: been to see John today. He said Phillip’s lungs sound much more clear today so that suggests some of the fluid has shifted. He’s put on a little weight too. He’s going to keep him on the diuretic and metacam for a couple of weeks, then mid September he’s going to be sedated again for an ultrasound. At that point John will decide if he needs to go on specific heart medication or not. So fingers crossed it all goes well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All sounds good :D Phillip is going in the right direction :D

Phillip update: been to see John today. He said Phillip’s lungs sound much more clear today so that suggests some of the fluid has shifted. He’s put on a little weight too. He’s going to keep him on the diuretic and metacam for a couple of weeks, then mid September he’s going to be sedated again for an ultrasound. At that point John will decide if he needs to go on specific heart medication or not. So fingers crossed it all goes well.

Oh wow, this sounds like such a good plan!

Well done you and JC :D

Good boy Phillip!!!

Noms all round!!!

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Little Phillip update:

Saw John for his review today. I knew he was going to have an ultrasound but John said they were going to do it conscious and if that didn’t work they would put him under GA. I thought to myself there is no way that’s going to happen as he is the wriggliest bunny!

But turns out they managed it! So I was very happy because not only was he not sedated (I worry about him regularly having this) but also it was half the price!

Anyway John said lots of fluid has disappeared round his heart which is really positive. He’s going to stay on metacam and the diuretic then we will have another review appointment in two months.

Phillip on the other hand is having an almighty sulk now we are home because he’s covered in ultrasound gel and has been in the car for much longer than he would’ve liked :lol:

Little Phillip update:

Saw John for his review today. I knew he was going to have an ultrasound but John said they were going to do it conscious and if that didn’t work they would put him under GA. I thought to myself there is no way that’s going to happen as he is the wriggliest bunny!

But turns out they managed it! So I was very happy because not only was he not sedated (I worry about him regularly having this) but also it was half the price!

Anyway John said lots of fluid has disappeared round his heart which is really positive. He’s going to stay on metacam and the diuretic then we will have another review appointment in two months.

Phillip on the other hand is having an almighty sulk now we are home because he’s covered in ultrasound gel and has been in the car for much longer than he would’ve liked :lol:

It sounds as though Phillip is responding really well to his treatment. I am sure a few extra treats will bring him out of his sulk !! xx

Little Phillip update:

So glad to read this :wave:

It sounds like he's responding to the medication and such a good boy will undoubtedly deserve the very best of treats for the rest of the day :D

How's he doing now he's home?

What a positive update! I'm so pleased and well done to John for managing to do the ultrasound without a GA :D

However, poor Phillip, it must be quite horrid for a rabbit to be covered in ultrasound gel :(

I’m so glad to read such a positive update:thumb: I hope that he comes out of his sulk soon!

Thanks everyone [emoji16]

How's he doing now he's home?

Still sulking in his tunnel but relaxed enough to flop. Though still keeping his beady eye on me in case I try any more shifty business!! :lol:

c3f13c26c0e77359d3084fa4eaafa851.jpg
dc5af4460affcd23b5af7a6f612d495b.jpg
414e7bf0d5fc05de675cbd1b1711dd33.jpg

Thanks everyone [emoji16]

Still sulking in his tunnel but relaxed enough to flop. Though still keeping his beady eye on me in case I try any more shifty business!! [emoji38]

c3f13c26c0e77359d3084fa4eaafa851.jpg
dc5af4460affcd23b5af7a6f612d495b.jpg
414e7bf0d5fc05de675cbd1b1711dd33.jpg

Fantastic news Philip. You are a very good boy!

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

I enjoyed reading another good update for Phillip. Sending some more positive vibes for you and Phillip. Phillip, I know you want me to feel sorry for you; yet I know you got wonderful care from your wonderful caregiver.

Worried about Phillip today. He didn’t come out of his cage much last night but both my rabbits have days like that from time to time so didn’t think much of it. He’s still not wanting to come out much this morning though, and when my husband tried to stroke him, he grunted and lunged :( he’s still eating, toileting and taking his medicine so I’m not going to rush him in to the vets just yet, don’t want to stress him out if not needed. I hope he is ok :(

Worried about Phillip today. He didn’t come out of his cage much last night but both my rabbits have days like that from time to time so didn’t think much of it. He’s still not wanting to come out much this morning though, and when my husband tried to stroke him, he grunted and lunged :( he’s still eating, toileting and taking his medicine so I’m not going to rush him in to the vets just yet, don’t want to stress him out if not needed. I hope he is ok :(

Poor chap :cry: Sending more vibes for him xx

Ah no! Sending vibes for Phillip.

I hope he'll be OK x

Back