• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Two unneutered bonded males - query

beki

Mama Doe
Im bunny sitting a pair of bunnies for a friend. They are both male and unneutered. They are bonded well and do seem to get on, there is no fighting but the older one is constantly chasing and humping the little one, I feel quite sorry for the little one. Is this normal for I’m neutered rabbits or is it probably just due to a change in environment and them re establishing dominance? My two (bonded male and female) rarely show dominance to each other. A previous pair of bunnies, the female used to like reminding the male she was boss, but it wasn’t a constant thing. Just wanting to check it’s ok and they might settle down in a few days.
Thanks

I've just separated2 unneutered Bucks which had been living together. I had them in my Lounge and could watch them. The bigger one was definitely bullying the smaller one, he would chase him away from the food, out of the littertray etc The smaller one had to move sharpish when bigger one was approaching. They look so much happier now that they have their own space, especially the smaller one.

They aren’t fighting over food and they do sit cuddling each other so hopefully it’s just the change of scenery

Back