• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Archie and Pip moving house......

If it’s not a kitchen or bathroom proof laminate it will be wrecked within weeks. The tiniest spill of water will raise the laminate and the bunnies will chew it. Sorry but want to be honest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's in our living room so don't want vinyl. The buns are very good and have never split water in the 2 years we've had them.

It's just Pips errant wee which I'm in progress of trying to train her out of. Haha.

Ps we can't afford waterproof laminate.

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Apparently Pip wasn't happy we went out to Ikea last night....however she looks like butter wouldn't melt. Lol

She always pees in the same place, and just 1 wee overnight.

I've moved their toilet tray to a different corner to hopefully help her distinguish the tray easier, in case it was just a bum over the edge issue. All other pees and poops have got in the tray, so it's obviously deliberate.

I've rolled the fleece away, so its on vinyl and I can mop it up on the morning.

Any ideas? I'm happy to put something down in new place whilst we see where her overnight pee goes. You never know she might not do it in the new house.

4bd40745664af7534cab57de04757732.jpg
8440b385ff13a867ab787e54067c0e90.jpg

Apparently Pip wasn't happy we went out to Ikea last night....however she looks like butter wouldn't melt. Lol

She always pees in the same place, and just 1 wee overnight.

I've moved their toilet tray to a different corner to hopefully help her distinguish the tray easier, in case it was just a bum over the edge issue. All other pees and poops have got in the tray, so it's obviously deliberate.

I've rolled the fleece away, so its on vinyl and I can mop it up on the morning.

Any ideas? I'm happy to put something down in new place whilst we see where her overnight pee goes. You never know she might not do it in the new house.

4bd40745664af7534cab57de04757732.jpg
8440b385ff13a867ab787e54067c0e90.jpg

If she always wees in that same place I would put another litter tray there. have you tried soaking it up and then cleaning with vinegar/water toneutralise? When you move you might find litter habits are worse at the beginning- territorial marking, but it should settle.

Another thought, are your litter trays plenty big enough, for both bunnies to use at the same time? Low Under bed storage boxes make a good tray, and cut down on over the side incidents.

If she always wees in that same place I would put another litter tray there. have you tried soaking it up and then cleaning with vinegar/water toneutralise? When you move you might find litter habits are worse at the beginning- territorial marking, but it should settle.
Yep always the same place. Even when the litter tray is there. It's only at night once i put them away. It's either a territory thing or a protest pee. Can't decide which. Haha.

Breaking news.....

No pee this morning!!!! This could be a one off so trying not to celebrate. Lol

Went to the house last night and this is the progress so far. This Archie's and Pip's room, which they will hopefully allow us to use as a living room.

Faux fireplace has been ripped out & walls painted white. Look how much zooming room they will have!!! The doorway goes to the kitchen, so will put one of my bunny gates there when I've made them.....

So excited
5ab143d84420d2101e8e59f6af3ddc2d.jpg

Went to the house today and measured the gaps for the bun gates.

Looking for some advice, how high should I build them and I'm wondering how wide to make the gaps?

I have two tiny Nethies. They currently have a puppy pen and Archie has only jumped out of it twice, which was a total accident when he was a baby. He did a mega bunny and got confused when he landed on the otherwise. Lol.

Their pen panel is 61cm high and the gaps are 4cm wide. Our mesh gate is 75cm. So wondering if I should make them that tall?

Breaking news.....

No pee this morning!!!! This could be a one off so trying not to celebrate. Lol

Went to the house last night and this is the progress so far. This Archie's and Pip's room, which they will hopefully allow us to use as a living room.

Faux fireplace has been ripped out & walls painted white. Look how much zooming room they will have!!! The doorway goes to the kitchen, so will put one of my bunny gates there when I've made them.....

So excited
5ab143d84420d2101e8e59f6af3ddc2d.jpg

How exciting!!!! That's a big room. Lord Pippy will be pleased.

How's it going?

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

How exciting!!!! That's a big room. Lord Pippy will be pleased.

How's it going?

The buns won't know what to do with all that room. Lol.

It's going well, moving a week today. Trying to think of a way to make it not stressful for them.

The removal van is coming at 8am. We're thinking I take the buns before they get here and set them up in our new garage so they aren't disturbed by all the noise. Then once we are all moved in we can move them into their new house.

What do you think?

The buns won't know what to do with all that room. Lol.

It's going well, moving a week today. Trying to think of a way to make it not stressful for them.

The removal van is coming at 8am. We're thinking I take the buns before they get here and set them up in our new garage so they aren't disturbed by all the noise. Then once we are all moved in we can move them into their new house.

What do you think?

That's a good idea. As far away as possible from all the banging and drilling!

That's a good idea. As far away as possible from all the banging and drilling!

Buns are starting to get a bit stressed i think now. Our landlady came round last night with 3 workmen and 2 potential new tenants with no warning or the extra people! Grrrr

Buns are starting to get a bit stressed i think now. Our landlady came round last night with 3 workmen and 2 potential new tenants with no warning or the extra people! Grrrr

Oh no! When do you (and the buns) move into your new house?

I'm having building work and it's really stressing the buns :(

Oh no! When do you (and the buns) move into your new house?

I'm having building work and it's really stressing the buns :(
Tuesday. We are trying to do lots of the work before hand so it's less stress for them and us

They have rescue in their water from today onwards. ;-)

Tuesday. We are trying to do lots of the work before hand so it's less stress for them and us

They have rescue in their water from today onwards. ;-)

I hope they'll be OK.

I had massive drilling outside the room where the buns are today.
I put classic FM on, but it had to be really loud to drown the drill.
Not sure it was worth it ...

I hope they'll be OK.

I had massive drilling outside the room where the buns are today.
I put classic FM on, but it had to be really loud to drown the drill.
Not sure it was worth it ...
Oh no. What you having done?

I put classic FM on when we drive to the vets.

They are so adorable.:love:
Thought we'd give the buns some extra playtime before we go to the new house today. Hoping to wear them out. Lol

There's been a lot of zooming at super fast speed but they don't seem worn out yet.

Oh decided they needed treats and cuddles. :)
352bc73d1df73e1e7eaabfb3a71fa85b.jpg
aa52ac4872ddecde1e2411ba7604f669.jpg
9ff85597f0d2dc83d36ea8abaffd564f.jpg

Added proper breakfast in the sofa. What lucky buns..
c870e8334428e4bdde23ddc9c26a3008.jpg

Last edited:
Back