• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Virkon s disinfectant

Thanks Jane. It came with a blue scoop that says 10ml on it? Does this mean I need to weigh it on scales and not use the scoop?

Thanks Jane. It came with a blue scoop that says 10ml on it? Does this mean I need to weigh it on scales and not use the scoop?

10g = 10ml, so yes, you can use the scoop.

PS I remember getting very confused - particularly as I was using a spray bottle and had to use a small plastic spoon instead of the scoop.
Just to add even more confusion:

"The rule is that 1ml is equal to 1g, which is equal to 1 cubic centimeter."

Last edited:
Why is everything so complicated! I have weighed it out on some paper and then managed to pour it in a spray bottle that has a very narrow opening. As well as sprinkling some in my keyboard :(
It will make it easier next time to just use the scoop.

Why is everything so complicated! I have weighed it out on some paper and then managed to pour it in a spray bottle that has a very narrow opening. As well as sprinkling some in my keyboard :(
It will make it easier next time to just use the scoop.

Yes, that's why I had to give up on the scoop and use a plastic spoon so it would go in the neck of the spray bottle. I never wanted to make up much at a time either, as it becomes less effective, so I had to try to convert all the measurements. I more than sprinkled some in my sink!

Back