• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Day 19 U/D - can we have some love and support

She's certainly being a little devil today and eating her bodyweight in food. She's been on meds for 14 days now and is around 3 weeks into the virus. So we're hopeful of a recovery.

Day 19 and the large scab stopping her left eye from opening fell off (just after I'd had breakfast and thick creamy pus came out!!) so now both her eyes are open!!

Still a lot of healing to do around the eyes but it's lovely to see her eyes finally. Doing chamomile and honey eye washes has really helped clear the muck out.

Her biggest problem at the moment is her feet cracking and bleeding - I'm at a loose end with this. I think it might be mange or fungal by the look of it. I can't work out how to get photos on here using my phone

Bet you stopped eating your breakfast rather abruptly! Can't believe this little one has come this far, she's going to deserve a true fighters name.

Sorry to hear about her feet, in sure someone will be able to advise on that soon

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Well, that's put me off me yoghurt! Seriously, it's great that she is improving - especially her eyes. I'm sure that there must be some treatment that someone can recommend for her and I hope very much that she continues to gain energy, strength and hope her feet get better soon. :love:

Might Manuka Honey help at all? I have heard very positive things about it for wound healing.

I've been using manuka honey daily for weeks. Her feet are getting worse though, I think it's a secondary infection of some kind, fungal or something? I've put a spot on for ringworm, mange etc.

We're 3 and half weeks in and I think I'm doing worse than Rosie because I got emotional today and booked her in to see the vet, I felt like nothing was improving and started to doubt if I was doing the right thing keeping her alive. She scratched her eyelid scabs off and her eyes were full of blood and pus which was really distressing to see, I bathed her eyes and the actual skin under the scabs doesn't look too bad.

The vet checked her over, clear lungs, good strong heart, gained 200 grams in a fortnight. Her genitals and feet look awful but the vet thinks she's over the worst of the myxomatosis virus but in the everything falling off and looking disgusting phase. She needs her pain relief and antibiotic doses upped because she's nearly doubled in weight. The vet said just keep doing everything I'm already doing and apply hibiscrub to her feet. So I'm feeling a bit more positive, even if she is looking like a zombie.

It must be awful for you but when she is over this you will feel really proud of her and yourself. Sending lots of healing vibes.

Be positive, stay positive. You have done a truly amazing job nursing Rosie through all this - and she will know what you are doing and why. She's in there, fighting and your fighting her corner and despite the visual stuff, she'd gaining weight - which is a huge positive. Topping up the vibes for you both and hope to read an update soon.:love:

Rosie is so lucky to have such a dedicated owner. She is a fighter and I am sure she is glad you are fighting by her side and helping her to feel better while her body slowly heals. I look forward to hearing more about your and Rosie's journey to good health. Here are a bunch more positive vibes for you and Rosie.

Back