• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Mattie Harigen

Bindi

Warren Scout
Some of you might have seen my post in Housing about my anxiety making new accommodation for my rabbits. I went ahead with it and posted photos.

My dear little boy Mattie got to spend all of two days in it- I began to get suspicious that something was wrong when after a period of looking a bit stressed to be there his general demeanour improved but his rapid breathing didn't. I rushed him to the vets yesterday morning and they thought he had a chest infection and admitted him. It turned out to be his heart.

After twelve hours of battling to save his life as he deteriorated he passed away just before 10pm yesterday evening. It turned out his chest was full of fluid and his little heart couldn't take it any more.

I'm completely blindsided. He was the younger and healthier one of my pair. I'd never had a single thing wrong with him since I got him.

Poor Pandora is going to be 8 next month and has chronic health issues. She's now the first of my rabbits to be widowed twice.

What a rollercoaster couple of weeks. :cry:

Some of you might have seen my post in Housing about my anxiety making new accommodation for my rabbits. I went ahead with it and posted photos.

My dear little boy Mattie got to spend all of two days in it- I began to get suspicious that something was wrong when after a period of looking a bit stressed to be there his general demeanour improved but his rapid breathing didn't. I rushed him to the vets yesterday morning and they thought he had a chest infection and admitted him. It turned out to be his heart.

After twelve hours of battling to save his life as he deteriorated he passed away just before 10pm yesterday evening. It turned out his chest was full of fluid and his little heart couldn't take it any more.

I'm completely blindsided. He was the younger and healthier one of my pair. I'd never had a single thing wrong with him since I got him.

Poor Pandora is going to be 8 next month and has chronic health issues. She's now the first of my rabbits to be widowed twice.

How utterly tragic :cry: I am so very sorry :cry:

RIP Mattie Harigen

I am so very sorry to hear this :(

Thanks all. It's been an absolute kick in the guts, made worse by the fact that Pandora was hiding from me this morning and then perked right up when I put him back in with her. She sniffed him all over, settled in an orbit around him, her whole body language and face brightened up and she started eating. I hope she's going to be ok without him.

I know exactly how you feel. Lots of love and hugs. Binky free little one xxx

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Back