• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Naughty Bucky got in to the medication cabinet, he’s at the vets and v poorly

We’ve had him for 2 months, never heard a word from who we rehomed him from. The day he’s gone she decided to message asking how’s Bucky the kids miss him ( he lived in a cupboard under the stairs) speechless. The reply I got- Aww bless him! I honestly cant believe hes gone! He will definitely be remembered by us all! Im sorry for your loss!xxx

Last edited:
I'm so sorry you lost Bucky [emoji17] I 'm devastated for you because you've done so much for him after he'd had such a rotten start in life. [emoji17]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm so sorry for your loss. I'm glad he went knowing he was safe and loved, and more importantly, respected. Even if he was still something of a troublemaker! I think it would be safe to say he's made his mark on you. x

Sorry to hear about Bucky, it sounds like you did everything you could to give him the best life for the short time he was with you.

Very sorry to hear you lost him he was a very handsome boy. I honestly don't think anyone would have foreseen that happening, he must have been very determined. Sleep tight Bucky xxx

I'm so sorry that you lost Bucky. He was a very beautiful bunny. PLease try not to blame yourself. Binky free beautiful Bucky. xx

Thank you everyone for your kind words, I appreciate you all been so supportive xx Tonorrow I sadly have to go and fetch his body, it should of been today but was my little girls birthday. I’m not looking forward to it. I’d of had him cremated, the vets wanted £200. I don’t want to sound callous and uncaring, I need that money if any of my other pets get unwell. Still feel horrible though x

b411d4df9f2fd31a4db282e01fc411cb.jpg
stickers for the carriers, cried all the way home

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you everyone for your kind words, I appreciate you all been so supportive xx Tonorrow I sadly have to go and fetch his body, it should of been today but was my little girls birthday. I’m not looking forward to it. I’d of had him cremated, the vets wanted £200. I don’t want to sound callous and uncaring, I need that money if any of my other pets get unwell. Still feel horrible though x

I completely understand, and I am sure that's what Bucky would've wanted - for you to be able to take care of the others

Hugs for you xx

Back