• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Naughty Bucky got in to the medication cabinet, he’s at the vets and v poorly

Hi everyone, I posted the other day about Bucky biting me and needing stitches. He’d been better behaved in the kitchen, spending more time around us seemed to calm him down. ( we obviously moved him while cooking to his room) we got up today and he’d climbed on to the rubbish bin, jumped up to the kitchen counter, the door wasn’t properly closed in the cupboard. He’s stuck his head in and eaten 5 of my anti depressants some of my 30% codeine tablets and a load of the cats dreamies. He was barely conscious when I found him. Phoned the vets and was told oh will probably just some water and syringe him some food, I phoned the other vets instead and rushed him there, to me that’s ridiculous advice. He was coming round once I got there, there keeping him in to give him fluids and whatever else he needs. I feel so guilty, I never thought for a minute he could get in to a high cupboard. I know he’s naughty and aggressive but we do love him. I insured him last month which I’m so glad about, I know money shouldn’t come in to it, finding 100’s at once isn’t always easy. If everyone could send healing vibes I’d be so grateful xx

Hi everyone, I posted the other day about Bucky biting me and needing stitches. He’d been better behaved in the kitchen, spending more time around us seemed to calm him down. ( we obviously moved him while cooking to his room) we got up today and he’d climbed on to the rubbish bin, jumped up to the kitchen counter, the door wasn’t properly closed in the cupboard. He’s stuck his head in and eaten 5 of my anti depressants some of my 30% codeine tablets and a load of the cats dreamies. He was barely conscious when I found him. Phoned the vets and was told oh will probably just some water and syringe him some food, I phoned the other vets instead and rushed him there, to me that’s ridiculous advice. He was coming round once I got there, there keeping him in to give him fluids and whatever else he needs. I feel so guilty, I never thought for a minute he could get in to a high cupboard. I know he’s naughty and aggressive but we do love him. I insured him last month which I’m so glad about, I know money shouldn’t come in to it, finding 100’s at once isn’t always easy. If everyone could send healing vibes I’d be so grateful xx

Poor Bucky :cry: I hope he will pull through x

Oh goodness me. You are certainly having a time of it with Bucky. It’s not your fault. I would never have thought of a rabbit getting into kitchen cupboards. I hope he gets better. Yes insurance is so vital . I did my quote but haven’t actually paid yet so this is a good reminder to do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh, what a naughty bun! Sending lots of vibes for little Bucky, I hope he gets well asap.

Don’t feel bad - very few of us would expect a bun to get up on the counter and into a medicine cupboard! He’s a determined little fella...

Is he neutered? If not, they often calm down after so worth considering x

So sorry for your loss, I didn't have chance to post love the other day :(

It was certainly not your fault and you did the right thing ringing the second vet and gave him the best chance there on

R.I.P. Bucky x

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

I am so sorry. It is a dreadful thing to happen. As for feeling like a terrible person - no, you are not - we always manage to blame ourselves even when in fact we have done our very best. :cry:

Oh no, RIP Bucky. Thinking of you, don't blame yourself acvidents happen, so so sorry for your loss x

719cbc7d3cf37beea91153c499068791.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh no :, ( I'm so sorry. Lots of bunnies have eaten things they shouldn't have. Toby once escaped out if his room whilst I was at work and ate all the buttons off the remote control. It's just luck what they find to eat so please don't blame yourself. You couldnt of anticipated he could get in a cupboard. Sending lots of hugs xxx

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Back