Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Naughty Bucky got in to the medication cabinet, hes at the vets and v poorly

New Kit

Default Naughty Bucky got in to the medication cabinet, hes at the vets and v poorly

Hi everyone, I posted the other day about Bucky biting me and needing stitches. Hed been better behaved in the kitchen, spending more time around us seemed to calm him down. ( we obviously moved him while cooking to his room) we got up today and hed climbed on to the rubbish bin, jumped up to the kitchen counter, the door wasnt properly closed in the cupboard. Hes stuck his head in and eaten 5 of my anti depressants some of my 30% codeine tablets and a load of the cats dreamies. He was barely conscious when I found him. Phoned the vets and was told oh will probably just some water and syringe him some food, I phoned the other vets instead and rushed him there, to me thats ridiculous advice. He was coming round once I got there, there keeping him in to give him fluids and whatever else he needs. I feel so guilty, I never thought for a minute he could get in to a high cupboard. I know hes naughty and aggressive but we do love him. I insured him last month which Im so glad about, I know money shouldnt come in to it, finding 100s at once isnt always easy. If everyone could send healing vibes Id be so grateful xx

Wise Old Thumper

Quote Originally Posted by msalisoncarroll View Post
    Hi everyone, I posted the other day about Bucky biting me and needing stitches. He’d been better behaved in the kitchen, spending more time around us seemed to calm him down. ( we obviously moved him while cooking to his room) we got up today and he’d climbed on to the rubbish bin, jumped up to the kitchen counter, the door wasn’t properly closed in the cupboard. He’s stuck his head in and eaten 5 of my anti depressants some of my 30% codeine tablets and a load of the cats dreamies. He was barely conscious when I found him. Phoned the vets and was told oh will probably just some water and syringe him some food, I phoned the other vets instead and rushed him there, to me that’s ridiculous advice. He was coming round once I got there, there keeping him in to give him fluids and whatever else he needs. I feel so guilty, I never thought for a minute he could get in to a high cupboard. I know he’s naughty and aggressive but we do love him. I insured him last month which I’m so glad about, I know money shouldn’t come in to it, finding 100’s at once isn’t always easy. If everyone could send healing vibes I’d be so grateful xx
    Poor Bucky I hope he will pull through x

Twickenham Veterinary Surgery- A Rabbit Savvy small animal Veterinary Practice in SW London
    https://www.twickenhamvets.com/

Keep up to date with the RHD2 situation in the UK. This highly respected Facebook page provides accurate and up-to-date information. Both the RWAF and some Rabbit Savvy Vets contribute to the page
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/1744958082388756/

Oh no, poor little guy 😔 Sending lots of vibes for him and hugs for you xxx

Oh goodness me. You are certainly having a time of it with Bucky. Its not your fault. I would never have thought of a rabbit getting into kitchen cupboards. I hope he gets better. Yes insurance is so vital . I did my quote but havent actually paid yet so this is a good reminder to do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh Bucky. What have you done!! Lots of vibes for bucky xxx

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Bam & Charlie

Wise Old Thumper

Sending loads of vibes for Bucky. I hope he will be OK.
    "The mind tells me this is our new reality, the heart aches for it to be just a bad dream" Frans Timmermans

Oh, what a naughty bun! Sending lots of vibes for little Bucky, I hope he gets well asap.

Don’t feel bad - very few of us would expect a bun to get up on the counter and into a medicine cupboard! He’s a determined little fella...

Is he neutered? If not, they often calm down after so worth considering x

Beau Belle

Sending lots of vibes for him, they certainly know how to get into mischief!

Binky free at the bridge Boots, you will never be forgotten xxxx
    IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING PLEASE SEND ME A PM OR ANY OF THE OTHER FORUM BUDDIES

New Kit

Bucky sadly passed away at midnight, werr devastated x

Wise Old Thumper

Quote Originally Posted by msalisoncarroll View Post
    Bucky sadly passed away at midnight, werr devastated x
    What a terrible thing to have happened

RIP Bucky xx

Twickenham Veterinary Surgery- A Rabbit Savvy small animal Veterinary Practice in SW London
    https://www.twickenhamvets.com/

Keep up to date with the RHD2 situation in the UK. This highly respected Facebook page provides accurate and up-to-date information. Both the RWAF and some Rabbit Savvy Vets contribute to the page
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/1744958082388756/