• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Could I have some post spay vibes please

Sending lots more vibes for Luna. I also think you will need to contact the vet who operated on her. I hope that she will soon pick up with some more medication.

If she is eating grass this is a good sign, but don't like the sound of her eye. This happened to one of mine but it soon cleared up. I can't remember hat the Vet gave me for her.

The vets have admitted her because although I tried and think I got some food down her in early hours I just don't feel comfortable doing it and don't want to stress her if I'm doing it wrong. They are going to do it all and let me know how she gets on.

She didn't seem concerned about her eye although it was more open when the vet was handling her it was all wrinkly.

Will give u an update as soon as I have one

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

The vets have admitted her because although I tried and think I got some food down her in early hours I just don't feel comfortable doing it and don't want to stress her if I'm doing it wrong. They are going to do it all and let me know how she gets on.

She didn't seem concerned about her eye although it was more open when the vet was handling her it was all wrinkly.

She's in the best place and I hope you are feeling a bit better. Though it's worrying until she's home and sorted.

Hugs for you x

Hopefully with some intensive nursing care her gut motility will return to normal. The Vets will be able to assess that on a regular basis xx

I hope that Luna improves during the day at the vets. I used to hate having to syringe-feed. It seemed to either explode out of the syringe all over the rabbit or become completely blocked in the syringe and wouldn't move. I still can't manage it without getting some on my clothing.

I really hope she feels better and gets stuck into her food ASAP. Try not to worry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Having her admitted was definitely the right decision. She'll get all the nursing she needs and they'll be able to keep a close eye on her. Having said that, it is horrible sitting at home wondering how she is and anxiously waiting for updates!

I really hope you get some good news from the vet soon xx

I hope that Luna improves during the day at the vets. I used to hate having to syringe-feed. It seemed to either explode out of the syringe all over the rabbit or become completely blocked in the syringe and wouldn't move. I still can't manage it without getting some on my clothing.

I have the same issue when I try to use the supreme recovery food. No matter how well I mix it, the powder always seems to separate from the water in the syringe and then clogs up the syringe. It inevitably explodes everywhere when I try and force it out!

I much prefer the oxbow one as it seems to hold its consistency better and doesn't clog up the syringe. After a lot of trial and error I've found that the best combination for me is the oxbow recovery food with the supreme 15ml syringe.

Thank you everyone for your vibes and help it's been greatly appreciated.

Luna has just come back home and is looking soo much better and is having a good munch at the moment. She's even moving about nicely :)

I'm £160 lighter so cannot eat for the next couple of months [emoji14] but worth it and know it would have been much more if it went to an emergency

https://photos.app.goo.gl/HY3rpf83fc57Qu4SA

Luna has just come back home and is looking soo much better and is having a good munch at the moment. She's even moving about nicely :)

I'm £160 lighter so cannot eat for the next couple of months [emoji14] but worth it and know it would have been much more if it went to an emergency

So pleased to hear that Luna is feeling a lot better :D

So glad she's doing well :D

I have been lucky enough to meet Luna in the fur and she is doing much better. She is nomming and running around the kitchen. If I hadn't known she had been spayed I wouldn't have guessed anything was wrong. She is totally gorgeous and let me have a stroke :love:

Back