• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Post spay snugabun snuggles

So they've been chilling all day and nibbling stuff, I cleaned their cage and replaced litter tray around 3pm and theres been no poop since :(

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Fingers crossed that what goes in must come out.

Can you encourage them to drink? Would a bit of apple flavouring (or avipro or something?) help them to drink a bit more?
Wet greens and herbs? Fluids really important and especially now.

Fingers crossed that what goes in must come out.

Can you encourage them to drink? Would a bit of apple flavouring (or avipro or something?) help them to drink a bit more?
Wet greens and herbs? Fluids really important and especially now.

Had a few poos appear some are squishy tho not sure what that mean :( all they eat is wet greens, not sure what to do tbh and I'm so exhausted from just about everything rn, they've been drinking and they look comfortable.. Just wish they'd poop lots...

Had a few poos appear some are squishy tho not sure what that mean :( all they eat is wet greens, not sure what to do tbh and I'm so exhausted from just about everything rn, they've been drinking and they look comfortable.. Just wish they'd poop lots...

Oh Gracie - poop patrol is very stressful. I remember maple after her spay. I woke up the next day and there was lots of poops in the morning. Fingers crossed for lots of poops xxx

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

I'm glad you've seen some poo. That's the important thing, and what it looks like - well it's going to look odd because of their operation and all the drugs etc etc. Please don't worry Grace, and you have my number - I'm working from home this week!

Oh Gracie - poop patrol is very stressful. I remember maple after her spay. I woke up the next day and there was lots of poops in the morning. Fingers crossed for lots of poops xxx

Thank you - yea bit overwhelmed it's like everything in my life has hit at once [emoji38] xxx

I'm glad you've seen some poo. That's the important thing, and what it looks like - well it's going to look odd because of their operation and all the drugs etc etc. Please don't worry Grace, and you have my number - I'm working from home this week!

Yea that's true! It smells bad too, again drugs probably - I've seen a bit more poop and I've given them more veggies and hay so hopefully it'll continue - thanks I really appreciate it - I'm here all week too, planned ahead incase they weren't okay, so I'm not leaving them til they're okay.

Also Penelope wants to run and jump... And got very frustrated with me trying to stop her and dug at my arm...[emoji38] My whole fore arm is covered in scratches... I can see now why they're such effective diggers... [emoji849][emoji38]

Yea that's true! It smells bad too, again drugs probably - I've seen a bit more poop and I've given them more veggies and hay so hopefully it'll continue - thanks I really appreciate it - I'm here all week too, planned ahead incase they weren't okay, so I'm not leaving them til they're okay.

Also Penelope wants to run and jump... And got very frustrated with me trying to stop her and dug at my arm...[emoji38] My whole fore arm is covered in scratches... I can see now why they're such effective diggers... [emoji849][emoji38]

Have you managed to have a look at their spay scars at all?
Just to be sure no picking or anything has happened?

Have you managed to have a look at their spay scars at all?
Just to be sure no picking or anything has happened?
Yea had a look about 9pm when I gave painkillers and panacur, both look good and like they've left them alone - they've groomed the excess blood off though, and Penelope does have a small stitch sticking out, but it was like that yesterday and looks okay to me. They're seeing William again on Friday for him to check their stitches anyway

Yea had a look about 9pm when I gave painkillers and panacur, both look good and like they've left them alone - they've groomed the excess blood off though, and Penelope does have a small stitch sticking out, but it was like that yesterday and looks okay to me. They're seeing William again on Friday for him to check their stitches anyway

Glad all looks well. Also good that they have each other to snuggle into :love:

Sending lots of vibes for your two girlies today. I hope they're feeling a lot better today. Also sending you lots of hugs. Caring for one post spay rabbit is stressful enough, but you've got two of them :)

Sending lots of vibes for your two girlies today. I hope they're feeling a lot better today. Also sending you lots of hugs. Caring for one post spay rabbit is stressful enough, but you've got two of them :)

Yea plus I'm pretty rubbish looking after rabbits post neuter [emoji38] Clementine is the only one who was okay after, everyone else has been tricky [emoji849][emoji38]

Poops???

A few more..gunna change vet beds again in a sec and litter tray, so hoping it continues and gets more..

They're currently mainly eating veggies, so since coming home Tuesday they've eaten way more veggies/herbs than I would normally feed in a day... Is that okay do you think as it's only until they pick up eating? Worried it'll cause them more harm.. But it's all they'll nibble at :(
c797e1e4d6e2385a21ca7f816786b551.jpg

I'd give them what they fancy & continue with lots of herbs & veggies. Bless them
Yea that's what I thought, just didn't wanna over do it you know? But I guess it's best they eat alone something rather than nothing, thanks :) x

A few more..gunna change vet beds again in a sec and litter tray, so hoping it continues and gets more..

They're currently mainly eating veggies, so since coming home Tuesday they've eaten way more veggies/herbs than I would normally feed in a day... Is that okay do you think as it's only until they pick up eating? Worried it'll cause them more harm.. But it's all they'll nibble at :(
c797e1e4d6e2385a21ca7f816786b551.jpg

Lots of moisture and vitamins in veggies - really good for their guts.
And I'm sure they know what's best for them right now :)

Sending you calming vibes Grace .. How are you filling your time being a stay at home Mum this week? :)

Tui was the same and only ate fresh green foods for a couple of days. It was Kale that got her eating again at first. I let her have as much as she'd eat. Tonibun always recommends freshly cut grass, but you'd probably struggle to find any atm :)

The 2 girls I had spayed together both went off pellets immediately post spay, but ate lots of herbs, rosemary was a favourite, fresh grass, and also lots of readigrass too. For checking the wound I would hold a treat so that they had to reach very slightly for it so that I could check it without handling them too much, although they were not fans of being picked up anyway.

If you are worried I would ring the vets and ask if they think they need gut stimulants or any more pain relief.

Topping up the vibes :thumb:

Lots of moisture and vitamins in veggies - really good for their guts.
And I'm sure they know what's best for them right now :)

Sending you calming vibes Grace .. How are you filling your time being a stay at home Mum this week? :)

Yeaa I guess that's me this week [emoji38] all alone too! Haha

I find it really tricky actually not doing my normal things, haven't been to the gym since last week - which isn't good, and I'm so tired from not sleeping since Monday night [emoji38] but it's all about the bunnies just need to get them okay - it's funny I think they are really enjoying being inside, the naps, DBF, sploots, snuggles etc they seem way more chilled in here... At this rate ima end up with 4 bonded in the house free roaming [emoji38][emoji38]

I've managed to get some shelving units built in the garage and clear it out a bit in between being with the buns so not all is lost :)

Back