• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Post spay snugabun snuggles

Atticus didn't eat alone for 2 weeks [emoji38] it was a nightmare - yea first dose is tomorrow am.

Yes seeing him again Friday, yea took them to William - I saw him when I picked them up actually, he asked how old they were supposed to be, I said about 7months now according to what pets at home said - he said both their uterus' were tiny - what he'd expect to have seen in a rabbit of more like 4 months old.. Not sure what to think of that [emoji38]

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Interesting, so from his point of view they are quite young to be spayed? Not too young or he wouldn't have done it. And in the circumstances just at the right time (you couldn't have risked leaving them ). Babies, bless them :love::love:

Interesting, so from his point of view they are quite young to be spayed? Not too young or he wouldn't have done it. And in the circumstances just at the right time (you couldn't have risked leaving them ). Babies, bless them :love::love:
Yea he said it was more tricky as everything was smaller. I mean they could just have been like that... Genetics I guess? Or they are 4 months... They really don't seem that young to me tho... Like they seem like adults but who knows! Only the previous owner will really know

What an adorable pic :love: I'm pleased that they are back home with you and are nibbling. Hopefully, they are starting to eat a bit more now. Tui only nibbled little bits during the night after her spay, but soon got back to eating normally during the following day. I stayed up with her all night also.

It's interesting about William's comments about their age isn't it. Were you told very much about their previous owner prior to P@H adoption? I see no reason why someone would deliberately give the incorrect age. All the more reason to be relieved that you had William to do the op.

What an adorable pic :love: I'm pleased that they are back home with you and are nibbling. Hopefully, they are starting to eat a bit more now. Tui only nibbled little bits during the night after her spay, but soon got back to eating normally during the following day. I stayed up with her all night also.

It's interesting about William's comments about their age isn't it. Were you told very much about their previous owner prior to P@H adoption? I see no reason why someone would deliberately give the incorrect age. All the more reason to be relieved that you had William to do the op.

There's a few poops, but they have been eating a little more, Idk if they've both pooped or not tho, but are definitely both eating - I'm hoping as the day goes on they'll get back to normal quantities - not seen them eat any hay yet.

Yes it makes me wonder! All I was told was they were 6 months [emoji38] when I asked a bit more another employee said it was a backyard breeder who had become over run with loads of buns and couldn't get rid of them all, and then she said they may both have had litters already... So I really don't know... Could they just have had small uterus'? I guess everyone's insides vary.. But for him to query their age makes it seem like it was out of the ordinary for them to be that small... Who knows! One of those things I guess [emoji38] and yea I'm not sure I could let anyone but William operate on my rabbits [emoji38]
53529e202af41be904e83c6ee60858ec.jpg
127ecfce08b5c424b822ca3f87411364.jpg

There's a few poops, but they have been eating a little more, Idk if they've both pooped or not tho, but are definitely both eating - I'm hoping as the day goes on they'll get back to normal quantities - not seen them eat any hay yet.

Yes it makes me wonder! All I was told was they were 6 months [emoji38] when I asked a bit more another employee said it was a backyard breeder who had become over run with loads of buns and couldn't get rid of them all, and then she said they may both have had litters already... So I really don't know... Could they just have had small uterus'? I guess everyone's insides vary.. But for him to query their age makes it seem like it was out of the ordinary for them to be that small... Who knows! One of those things I guess [emoji38] and yea I'm not sure I could let anyone but William operate on my rabbits [emoji38]
53529e202af41be904e83c6ee60858ec.jpg
127ecfce08b5c424b822ca3f87411364.jpg

They are enjoying their morning rations and don't look ill or in pain, so I'm hoping they are going to get back to normal quicker than my little doe did!

I guess William would be able to judge their weights as well - what they are and what he suspects they will be as adults. You were so right to go with him :)

Apricots nose markings are the shape of a bunnies head :love: Such beautiful girlies, I'm glad they seem better this morning & are eating for themselves

They certainly both look bright in the pics :) I think you'll find they will get back to normal eating quite quickly now. And of course poops will follow.

I think it's impossible to read too much into what the employee at P@H told you, especially if several rabbits were involved. It might even be that the employee hadn't personally had any conversation with the breeder.

I would think, although admit I don't know, that if they had each had a litter their uterus would be stretched rather than small. It would have also meant that they were quite young to have conceived.

Sending healing vibes for them today.

Apricots nose markings are the shape of a bunnies head :love: Such beautiful girlies, I'm glad they seem better this morning & are eating for themselves

You know I didn't notice that until you said it [emoji38][emoji7] I'm surprised how much their markings are changing, they used to look identical now they're so different, does Boos markings change all the time? :)

They certainly both look bright in the pics :) I think you'll find they will get back to normal eating quite quickly now. And of course poops will follow.

I think it's impossible to read too much into what the employee at P@H told you, especially if several rabbits were involved. It might even be that the employee hadn't personally had any conversation with the breeder.

I would think, although admit I don't know, that if they had each had a litter their uterus would be stretched rather than small. It would have also meant that they were quite young to have conceived.

Sending healing vibes for them today.

Yea I hope so :)

The employee that said all that was the one that took them in by the sounds of it, whereas the other person I spoke to who could only tell me their ages, didn't know anything about them and had to look on the iPad etc. But you're right none of it is clear and tbh I don't really mind, as long as they're okay now that's all that matters to me :) and I'm glad William is such a fantastic vet and knows what he's doing.

I was thinking that too! Again that might have just been the vibe the employee got from the breeder. Maybe that they were all kept together etc.

Thank you :D x

You know I didn't notice that until you said it [emoji38][emoji7] I'm surprised how much their markings are changing, they used to look identical now they're so different, does Boos markings change all the time? :)

yep -her nose stripe is ever changing - shorter, wider, longer, blotchier, paler, darker. I took this photo just now. As you'll see her ears look practically white now as do her feet, in winter they are an obvious grey

UwhT4b0l.jpg

yep -her nose stripe is ever changing - shorter, wider, longer, blotchier, paler, darker. I took this photo just now. As you'll see her ears look practically white now as do her feet, in winter they are an obvious grey

UwhT4b0l.jpg
[/IMG]
Ahhh that's so interesting! And she's so cute [emoji7] be interesting to see what happens with my two then :)

Ahhh that's so interesting! And she's so cute [emoji7] be interesting to see what happens with my two then :)

Tui's the same :) When she arrived here in March she had dark markings on her paws, nose and ears. Now her nose and paws are almost white and her ears are a very pale brown.

Perhaps it's a summer/winter thing.

Tui's the same :) When she arrived here in March she had dark markings on her paws, nose and ears. Now her nose and paws are almost white and her ears are a very pale brown.

Yea :) they were fairly dark when they arrived but Apricot is very very pale now, and Penelope is a little lighter with a more patchy nose [emoji38] you should post some pictures of Tui [emoji7] I've not seen her enough [emoji7][emoji7]

My Californian was the same :D

I think the sun and bright weather bleaches them, and they go darker in winter

So they've been chilling all day and nibbling stuff, I cleaned their cage and replaced litter tray around 3pm and theres been no poop since :(

Back