Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 107

Thread: Post spay snugabun snuggles

  1. #81
    Wise Old Thumper MightyMax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    38,681

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Graciee View Post
    Will do

    I got a bit more sleep last night which is good as I had a hospital appointment this morning so glad I didn't have to go to it stupidly dead they're still only really on the veggies but Apricot ate some pellets this morning which is something x

    Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

    Ah bless

    I hope you're OK?

    Are your girls sleepy or are they back to their normal selves yet?
    Reliable and up to date info on RHD2:
    An extensive and comprehensive guide to all things RHD2 - Please Vaccinate!
    http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/sh...RHD2-July-2018

  2. #82
    Mama Doe Graciee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    London
    Posts
    2,623

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MightyMax View Post
    Ah bless

    I hope you're OK?

    Are your girls sleepy or are they back to their normal selves yet?
    Okay I've had a horrendous day tbh, they're on Emeprid and tramadol liquid aswell as the other loxicom


    Penelope is like asleep, but she keeps chattering and shaking her head.. What does this mean? I'm worried she's had the tramadol

    Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

  3. #83
    Wise Old Thumper MightyMax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    38,681

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Graciee View Post
    Okay I've had a horrendous day tbh, they're on Emeprid and tramadol liquid aswell as the other loxicom


    Penelope is like asleep, but she keeps chattering and shaking her head.. What does this mean? I'm worried she's had the tramadol

    Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

    William thought she was in a lot of pain? I'm so sorry.
    Has she been doing that all day? It does sound like she's in discomfort...
    Reliable and up to date info on RHD2:
    An extensive and comprehensive guide to all things RHD2 - Please Vaccinate!
    http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/sh...RHD2-July-2018

  4. #84
    Mama Doe Graciee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    London
    Posts
    2,623

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MightyMax View Post
    William thought she was in a lot of pain? I'm so sorry.
    Has she been doing that all day? It does sound like she's in discomfort...
    No just trying to make them as comfy as possible so they eat - the teeth chattering and twitching is when she's asleep since being given the tramadol...

    They were absolutely fine before hand just had high blood glucose so William and Avon suggested tramadol and Emeprid, so they're 100%comfortable etc and to bring blood glucose level down basically. I don't actually think they thought they were in a lot of pain, and they didn't seem in pain prior to the appointment.

    I think it's just to be sure, to give them best possible chance to eat alone

    Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

  5. #85
    Wise Old Thumper
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    12,761

    Default

    Oh gosh, I'm sorry It certainly sounds like a reaction to the Tramadol doesn't it? Are they both on it or just Penelope? Would William still be at the practice so you could ring him and ask for advice? I've never used Tramadol, so don't know if some rabbits react to it.
    "The mind tells me this is our new reality, the heart aches for it to be just a bad dream" Frans Timmermans

  6. #86
    Wise Old Thumper MightyMax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    38,681

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Graciee View Post
    No just trying to make them as comfy as possible so they eat - the teeth chattering and twitching is when she's asleep since being given the tramadol...

    They were absolutely fine before hand just had high blood glucose so William and Avon suggested tramadol and Emeprid, so they're 100%comfortable etc and to bring blood glucose level down basically. I don't actually think they thought they were in a lot of pain, and they didn't seem in pain prior to the appointment.

    I think it's just to be sure, to give them best possible chance to eat alone

    Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

    Hopefully all will be well. Tramadol is reasonably well tolerated in rabbits. Perhaps they had high blood glucose because of the stress of the journey? Did he say how high it was? Both of them?

    I'm surprised they had Tramadol if the were not thought to be in a lot of pain. Metacam usually suffices
    Reliable and up to date info on RHD2:
    An extensive and comprehensive guide to all things RHD2 - Please Vaccinate!
    http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/sh...RHD2-July-2018

  7. #87
    Mama Doe Graciee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    London
    Posts
    2,623

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Omi View Post
    Oh gosh, I'm sorry It certainly sounds like a reaction to the Tramadol doesn't it? Are they both on it or just Penelope? Would William still be at the practice so you could ring him and ask for advice? I've never used Tramadol, so don't know if some rabbits react to it.
    Yea I'm thinking it is a reaction, they're both on it. She's perked up a bit now after her nap so I'm hoping it'll be okay x

    Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

  8. #88
    Mama Doe Graciee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    London
    Posts
    2,623

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MightyMax View Post
    Hopefully all will be well. Tramadol is reasonably well tolerated in rabbits. Perhaps they had high blood glucose because of the stress of the journey? Did he say how high it was? Both of them?

    I'm surprised they had Tramadol if the were not thought to be in a lot of pain. Metacam usually suffices
    Yea Clementine was fine on it before, and Apricot is fine on it now, so I'm guessing it knocks Penelope out a little.

    Could've been the stress of the journey I nearly crashed on a country lane that was flooded and tbh I was a mess so probably did then no favours :/ one was 15 the other 13 ish so not dangerously high but not ideal.

    Yea I think the thought was they aren't eating maybe the one painkiller isn't enough.. Let's give another one incase they're in pain. Idk though, neither William or Avon said they seemed in pain and I've not noticed they've seemed in pain, they're very active and running around and being naughty, it's just they aren't eating enough tbh.

    They're nomming on some forage and readigrass now which is good, hoping it'll just improve as time passes. William said this doesn't seem unusual to him and thinks they'll slowly pick up so here's hoping, just cleaned their area so I'll be monitoring output again now.

    Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

  9. #89
    Young Bun Elop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    77

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Graciee View Post
    Yea Clementine was fine on it before, and Apricot is fine on it now, so I'm guessing it knocks Penelope out a little.

    Could've been the stress of the journey I nearly crashed on a country lane that was flooded and tbh I was a mess so probably did then no favours :/ one was 15 the other 13 ish so not dangerously high but not ideal.

    Yea I think the thought was they aren't eating maybe the one painkiller isn't enough.. Let's give another one incase they're in pain. Idk though, neither William or Avon said they seemed in pain and I've not noticed they've seemed in pain, they're very active and running around and being naughty, it's just they aren't eating enough tbh.

    They're nomming on some forage and readigrass now which is good, hoping it'll just improve as time passes. William said this doesn't seem unusual to him and thinks they'll slowly pick up so here's hoping, just cleaned their area so I'll be monitoring output again now.

    Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk
    This sounds promising!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  10. #90
    Alpha Buck Leannean27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Worcestershire
    Posts
    576

    Default

    Now Luna is on the mend I'll send all the left over vibes to yours, hope they start improving a bit more and tuck into a good meal x

    Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •