• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hello and Hampshire vet question

Annie_90

Young Bun
Hi everyone,

I'm a new rabbit owner. I've got a 12 week old brother and sister, mini lops. They've been separated early - I found what I thought were the boy's balls on his belly at 10 1/2 weeks, confirmed later when he tried to mount his sister. He's been a bit upset about the separation but still very affectionate, no biting or boxing.

Can anyone recommend a rabbit savvy vet in Hampshire, preferably mid or south, for neutering and spaying? The clinic we went to for jabs were lovely but some of their comments and advice were at odds with the research I've done and it's one of those 'just doesn't feel right' times.

Thank you :)

Hi everyone,

I'm a new rabbit owner. I've got a 12 week old brother and sister, mini lops. They've been separated early - I found what I thought were the boy's balls on his belly at 10 1/2 weeks, confirmed later when he tried to mount his sister. He's been a bit upset about the separation but still very affectionate, no biting or boxing.

Can anyone recommend a rabbit savvy vet in Hampshire, preferably mid or south, for neutering and spaying? The clinic we went to for jabs were lovely but some of their comments and advice were at odds with the research I've done and it's one of those 'just doesn't feel right' times.

Thank you :)

Hi there and welcome to the Forum :wave:

Anton Vets is highly recommended:

http://antonvets.co.uk

Or you can lok here for owner's recommendations:

https://www.harcourt-brown.co.uk/ve...ners/copy_of_county-or-city/england/hampshire

Yes, as MM said, John Chitty at Anton is highly recommended as a rabbit-savvy vet. It is in Andover - so not really south Hampshire - but is easily accessible.

Hello fellow Hampshire friend,

Us Hampshire folk use Anton Vets. We are from Southampton and use them as our general vets. All the vets there are extremely savvy and the two exotic surgeons (John and Ashton) are very good!

I wouldn't bother registering anywhere else, we have been to local vets in the past and get referred to antons for treatment anyway

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Thank you all! After seeing your recommendations for John, I had a look at the site and seen recommendations for Kate Chitty too, and am happy to see another name from Loobers25. I'll to see if I can register at Antons. Hopefully they will have space!

Last edited:
Thank you all! After seeing your recommendations for John. I've had a look at the site and seen recommendations for Kate Chitty, and am happy to see another name from Loobers25. I'll to see if I can register at Antons. Hopefully they will have space!
Yay best decision ever.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Thank you all! After seeing your recommendations for John, I had a look at the site and seen recommendations for Kate Chitty too, and am happy to see another name from Loobers25. I'll to see if I can register at Antons. Hopefully they will have space!

Brilliant :thumb:

Hi everyone, hope it's okay to reuse this thread. Just to say thank you all for the recommendations (and thank you for the welcomes) - my boy has since been neutered :)

Hi everyone, hope it's okay to reuse this thread. Just to say thank you all for the recommendations (and thank you for the welcomes) - my boy has since been neutered :)

Fab.I hope he recovered well & rebonding also goes well when its time

Back