• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rescued a toad :)

He probably will as frogs also don't live in ponds all year round. They like it to be damp. One of your neighbours probably has a pond.

We had at least two hedgehogs in the garden yesterday evening, possibly three, because we could still hear rustling after the other two had gone off foraging amongst the flowers in the front garden.

Actually no-one as far as the eye can see has a pond here!

I shall have to keep watering the dense bit of grass in the hope it helps him :)

Actually no-one as far as the eye can see has a pond here!

I shall have to keep watering the dense bit of grass in the hope it helps him :)

I think there has to be one not too far away, unless the frog hitched a ride from the pond of it's birth :lol:

I think there has to be one not too far away, unless the frog hitched a ride from the pond of it's birth :lol:

I know for definite there isn't a pond in the 5/6 houses to both right and left. How far do frogs stray?

I have a bucket of nettle tea down the bottom of the garden. Would that be enticing them?

It's a mystery for sure :lol:

I know for definite there isn't a pond in the 5/6 houses to both right and left. How far do frogs stray?

I have a bucket of nettle tea down the bottom of the garden. Would that be enticing them?

It's a mystery for sure :lol:

I don't know the answer to either question, I'm sorry. I wouldn't have thought they would willingly stray too far, as they would then find it difficult to get back to the pond to breed when they become an adult.

Back