• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New bunny diet advice...

people argue readigrass shouldn't be fed in large amounts for these reasons:
- its very sweet, so rabbits can start to prefer it over hay
- some argue how high is calcium & protein content is..
- it is very rich, which could pose issues
- you should slowly build it up due to their stomachs being very sensitive, so not a sudden amount

but since having issues with Luna eating her hay, readigrass has been incredibly helpful for her. especially due to the fact I figured out she was bored and missing having grass as it was winter. I now usually throw in a handful whenever I top up their hay, it gives them something to do. I however didn't give it to Orion until 6 months+, and I wouldn't personally feed it to a bunny under 6 months. but that's my personal opinion.
Ah that's interesting, I fed it from day one to all my buns - had to stop giving it to Atticus because of his issues which means Clementine doesn't get any either, new two get it everyday :)

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Ah that's interesting, I fed it from day one to all my buns - had to stop giving it to Atticus because of his issues which means Clementine doesn't get any either, new two get it everyday :)

I don't have any science behind why I don't feed until 6 months, I just personally think its too rich for their little tummies to handle. esp as mine are indoor, and even more so as Orion had never had grass before. generally with younger indoor bunnies, when first have grass and too much of it their poops usually go a little haywire. I just prefer to play it safe, thats all :)

I don't have any science behind why I don't feed until 6 months, I just personally think its too rich for their little tummies to handle. esp as mine are indoor, and even more so as Orion had never had grass before. generally with younger indoor bunnies, when first have grass and too much of it their poops usually go a little haywire. I just prefer to play it safe, thats all :)
See I've never had an issue with grass either, none of mine had seen grass before I got them, but they all loved it and never had issues! I guess it's just what you experience, changes what you do :)

Like with the free feeding pellets thing, I always have, but I had rexes, who also ate a load of hay [emoji38] I reckon if I'd had a bunny who wasn't eating much hay I'd have limited pellets a little :D

Back