• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Is broccoli that has gone to flower safe to eat?

Graciee

Staff member
As title really
589727639cbf11d9f6d58ed76101b2a5.jpg

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

It's fine for them and it's fine for us :) Is this home-grown? It looks very healthy.

I feed all veggies from the garden that have got to flower to the rabbits. When we pull large Kale plants up, when they're finished, we give the whole plant to the rabbits and they nibble the stem, just as they would bark from a tree etc.

Sorry, but I found it hilarious that you didn't realise that the buds developed into flowers :lol:

It's fine for them and it's fine for us :) Is this home-grown? It looks very healthy.

I feed all veggies from the garden that have got to flower to the rabbits. When we pull large Kale plants up, when they're finished, we give the whole plant to the rabbits and they nibble the stem, just as they would bark from a tree etc.

Sorry, but I found it hilarious that you didn't realise that the buds developed into flowers [emoji38]

No not home grown - from lidl :)

Yeaaa it's a bit ridiculous isn't it [emoji38][emoji38] I saw it and it just clicked! Can't believe I didn't know now [emoji38][emoji38][emoji38][emoji38]

No not home grown - from lidl :)

Yeaaa it's a bit ridiculous isn't it [emoji38][emoji38] I saw it and it just clicked! Can't believe I didn't know now [emoji38][emoji38][emoji38][emoji38]

I'd never seen it either Grace :)

Did you and the buns eat it last night?

I find that when you get those yellow flowers forming, it just starts to get very stinky!

Back