• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Cat stalking my rabbits

Just gone out to put my two away (medium size lops) and a cat was sat in their inclosure chasing them around! I scared it away, is there a possibility it would be able to kill them???

I just have one meter high puppy fencing so they can have as much of the garden as possible!

If it’s not rats it’s bloody cats in my garden.

Yes it could,either by attacking them or causing shock .You need to predator proof your run.Never put them out unsupervised if not predator proof.Foxes are a danger too.

Yes it could,either by attacking them or causing shock .You need to predator proof your run.Never put them out unsupervised if not predator proof.Foxes are a danger too.

Kattymieoww is right, I’m afraid a run should be predator proof if they are to be left unattended. This means it needs to be fastened down to a solid base that they can’t dig out of, and nothing can dig under, or you can mesh under turf. The best runs are those made from wood and strong weldmesh, chicken wire isn’t strong enough.

We have foxes here,suburban garden,they often wander around in the afternoon not just after dark.They are quick and easily scale a six foot fence.I no longer have buns,my pair were house rabbits and didn't like being outside,despite having a garden run,they would just hunker in the wee house in it.They much preferred carpet under their toes than grass.

Back