• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hi all **New Update**

Im really sorry to hear about the babies. I’m so glad you have found this forum, which is pro rescue. I wish I had found rescues before I got my first 2 from a breeder. My last 4 have been rescues though. I have learnt so much about rabbits since being here and my rabbits are so much better for it.
Have a good holiday, I’ve had rabbits die and my children have dealt with the news very well. It is hard to know what’s best and you know your child best. Good luck and let us know how you get on. X

Thanks

Today is a new day and we have had time to think more deeply about it, I will speak to the rescue tomorrow and I think we will all go see them when we get back

I won’t say anything for now as it may spoil her holiday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:D

Hi all **Sad Update**

Ok

Thanks for all your help and replies, as I was away we had some outside influence and returned to find these 2 beautiful bunnies being delivered that evening

They have settled in nicely and I wonder how long it will be till they move in to the Wendy house

We never really broached the subject with Isabelle, the excitement of getting bunnies clearly clouded the fact they are male not females, they are white and grey not all white and all tan and mini lips not lionheads.....

dd942c0f4c575164d7851a4406bb63a3.jpg
7afc4487039d432d7f314cf8b0b31bb3.jpg
03c181af9a626b296a3e70f69bd4e6fc.jpg
824c68b73bd9a0f04b174d624f53da99.jpg
e8c7bd250732495a17d5ea3f3871d13d.jpg

Aww they are lovely, how old are they? And what are there names, the black and white one looks a little smaller then the grey and white one

Yes, they where both allegedly born 3/6/18 at least that’s what it says on their birth certificate thing we where given and yes one is twice the size of the other, which I questioned with the breeder but she assured me they are the same age and to be fair it’s always eating something

Their names are Rosie and Poppy.......so to man them up a bit we have renamed them, Rosie Ralph and Poppy Pete

Both booked in for an MOT on Wednesday and any injections required and will discuss having them “done”

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Haha love their manned up names!

That setup looks really good, and u built that tunnel yourself? Can u come to mine and fixup my setup lol

They are beautiful, I have a soft spot for spotty black and white rabbits

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Haha love their manned up names!

That setup looks really good, and u built that tunnel yourself? Can u come to mine and fixup my setup lol

They are beautiful, I have a soft spot for spotty black and white rabbits

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Yes, I refused to spend £85 on one so spent 3 weeks looking for 6 foot of tube with no joy, in the end decided to build it, being honest it still didn’t work out cheap but it’s fully removable for cleaning so the fixings and bit and bobs added up

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jesus what else can happen

Just had the call from the vet to say our beloved Poppy has had a reaction to the anaesthetic from the neutering and that there is no hope

My poor daughter will be heartbroken

Not sure how to go forward from here, thankfully Rosie is recovering well

So sorry to hear your sad news of Poppy :( and I hope Rosie continues to make a speedy recovery.

Last edited:

Just had the call from the vet to say our beloved Poppy has had a reaction to the anaesthetic from the neutering and that there is no hope

I’m so very sorry:cry: that is terribly sad.

With regards to how to go forward, Rosie will need time to recover from her spay, and once her hormones have subsided it might be best to think about getting a friend for her from a rescue, the rabbits will be vaccinated, spayed/neutered already
And they may help with bonding too. The easiest match would normally be a neutered male rabbit.

Thinking of you all xx

Oh my goodness I am speechless :cry:

Tragic does not even begin to describe what has happened :cry:

I do not 'know' you or your daughter, but I am sending you both some hugs

:cry:

Many thanks for you thoughts and advice

I have just spoken with the vet and I think we will be getting Rosie Ralf a mate as soon as possible

We will leave it a week or so then hopefully with the help of a rehoming centre we will introduce another bun mate and try to bond them, Rosie is only 14 weeks and apparently that makes bonding a bit easier

I have to go back and get Rosie at 5, Isabelle will be home from school by then [emoji22]

I am really sorry for you! As Rosie is a boy your best plan would be to look for a neutered girl. He is still very young so should accept a new friend easily. If you see a boy you like, bonding them might be far more difficult. I hope Rosie recovers well from his op.

I am really sorry for you! As Rosie is a boy your best plan would be to look for a neutered girl. He is still very young so should accept a new friend easily. If you see a boy you like, bonding them might be far more difficult. I hope Rosie recovers well from his op.

Agree with Tonibun, I didn’t realise Rosie is a boy when I replied earlier :oops:

Back