• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Introducing myself and my buns!

Orenoko

Mama Doe
Hi all,

Mainly introducing myself, as I'm at work and can't upload pics of the buns! :lol: I've currently got two house rabbits, approximately 3/3.5 years old. I adopted them in December last year, supposedly they are mini lops but they look too big to be mini lops to me! I have one male, Teddy, and one female, Lilac. I'm not sure if they're related but they're very much bonded.

Sadly Teddy got an ear infection just before I was due to adopt him, he was a little worse for wear when he came into the rescue centre. It progressed into a minor head tilt and neurological damage which paralysed one side of his face. We had a tough time when he first came home as a couple of weeks later the head tilt became much, much worse. I suspect it hadn't fully cleared up and that he should've been treated longer prior to being adopted out, but hindsight is a wonderful thing! I've read so much about head tilt in recent months, both on here and elsewhere, I had no idea what it even was before this happened! I was thinking of writing a thread about our head tilt experience and what's worked/not worked for us.

Many months later we're now in a position where he has a permanent head tilt because of the neurological damage, but he is getting around and is happy. He has regular physiotherapy which has made such a difference to him - I would definitely recommend it for anybody who's considering it for their bun. He went from having shaky legs and barely being able to move to running around like a lunatic! He's not perfect and he never will be but he's happy, that's the main thing!

Lilac is definitely the dominant one. She wants to be involved in whatever we're doing and is very cheeky and inquisitive. They have free reign of the house, and sometimes I wake up during the night to see her flying up and down the hallway binkying ;)

In the past I had a lovely Dutch bun called Frankie, she was a rescue who I took from an abusive home at what turned out to be about 5 weeks old! She was the most tame bunny I've over known. Unfortunately she got recurrent abcesses in her cheek, and despite a few operations she didn't live to see her second birthday. I always felt I let her down but I know she's at peace now.

Growing up I also had three female house buns - Lily, Chloe and Bobbie. All gorgeous creatures who I remember fondly.

Looking forward to getting involved on the forum :D

Last edited:
A warm welcome to you, Teddy & Lilac. Its really rewarding seeing a tilty bun 'come out the other side'. I for one would love to hear more about your experiences getting Teddy better. Looking forward to seeing your rabbits (you may know already but you need to use a hosting site such as Imgur to upload pics though you can add an avatar without doing so)

Welcome to the forum, you sound as madly obsessed about rabbits as everyone else here so I'm sure you'll feel right at home here [emoji14] you will not stop learning from this site. I originally came on to look at one thing then I had a little mooch about the site and learnt something else and so on... it's really become quite addictive for me haha! Welcome Teddy & Lilac, can't wait for pics :D

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Hello, and welcome to the forum:wave: it will be great to see photos of Teddy and Lilac :love:

It’s always helpful to share experiences, good and bad, and we can learn from them :thumb:

Hi and welcome! I only popped on here to find out one thing but still here a few years later, I thought I was experienced but I’ve learned so much! Look forward to seeing your buns x

Hi all! Thanks for the replies! I'll try and put something together about Teddy's head tilt journey - I can't remember dates but I'll see what I can do. I don't know long-term how he'll get on and whether he'll stay as he is but we'll see. Hopefully add pics as well.

Hi all! Thanks for the replies! I'll try and put something together about Teddy's head tilt journey - I can't remember dates but I'll see what I can do. I don't know long-term how he'll get on and whether he'll stay as he is but we'll see. Hopefully add pics as well.
Here's a pic of the pair of them when I first got them. Can't seem to get a nice photo of them together these days!
3748ea9bfbebb01f0f7f17827e8d4d80.jpg

Sent from my G3121 using Tapatalk

Here's a pic of the pair of them when I first got them. Can't seem to get a nice photo of them together these days!
3748ea9bfbebb01f0f7f17827e8d4d80.jpg

Sent from my G3121 using Tapatalk
They are very smoochable!

And welcome to the forum :)

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Back