• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Archie and Pip are moving house and taking us with them!

Mervinius

Mama Doe
Archie and Pip have decided that this rented house has been explored and chewed enough and want their own house to chew and dig.

So we are all moving house....yay.

We are thinking about replacing the carpets in the new house to make them easy to clean and less chewable. Lol

We thought about wooden flooring, but both buns are soooo fast in their binkies. I think they'd crash into a wall and hurt themselves!

So any tips for carpets that is less munchable and not so easy to pull up. I want to let them be free range but OH says no because of carpet destroying here. :-(

Maybe if I can convince him they'll be good......

Also we want it to be nice for us and we are thinking hay coloured so it doesn't show up all the random hay everywhere.

Photo of carpet destruction attached!!!!
68a6ed2e6c9817051619a2d9e61fbfb2.jpg

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Maybe the really hard wearing type of carpet that you get in schools and offices? The pile is so short they may struggle to get their teeth into it. Wonder if there’s non slip laminate or vinyl type laminate out there? We bought karndean as meant to be non slip. It isn’t

What about Laminate with some large rugs - atleast they are cheaper to replace if eaten.

Yes, I think that’s a good idea:thumb: Frosty bunny manages fine on laminate floor, ours has a slight texture and has grooves between the planks

Maybe the really hard wearing type of carpet that you get in schools and offices? The pile is so short they may struggle to get their teeth into it. Wonder if there’s non slip laminate or vinyl type laminate out there? We bought karndean as meant to be non slip. It isn’t
Yes you can get non slip vynil in planks or tiles like laminate

Yes, I think that’s a good idea:thumb: Frosty bunny manages fine on laminate floor, ours has a slight texture and has grooves between the planks
Just been to carpet shop and looked at the laminate with grooves. It didn't seem as sloppy as I remember and looked like real wood. Do you have big rug for Frosty or just the laminate?

We aren't keen on carpet ourselves and I think laminate would be easier to clean

Just been to carpet shop and looked at the laminate with grooves. It didn't seem as sloppy as I remember and looked like real wood. Do you have big rug for Frosty or just the laminate?

We aren't keen on carpet ourselves and I think laminate would be easier to clean

Yes, ours looks like real wood :thumb: he doesn’t have a rug in his room, which is laminate, and he jumps up and down from his trunk and his cat hidey hole towers without any problem. I think he’d wee on a rug in his room! We have a rug in the living room but he doesn’t gravitate towards it.

Boots, my bridge house bunny also managed fine on the laminate. Karndean has also been fine. They are great for cleaning, I use a long handled dustpan and brush for sweeping up stray hay and poops :thumb:

Yes, ours looks like real wood :thumb: he doesn’t have a rug in his room, which is laminate, and he jumps up and down from his trunk and his cat hidey hole towers without any problem. I think he’d wee on a rug in his room! We have a rug in the living room but he doesn’t gravitate towards it.

Boots, my bridge house bunny also managed fine on the laminate. Karndean has also been fine. They are great for cleaning, I use a long handled dustpan and brush for sweeping up stray hay and poops :thumb:
Thanks this is really useful. Does he do binkies and zoomies. Pip likes to sprint full speed around the room pushing her back feet off the walls!!

Last edited:
Thanks this is really useful. Does he do binkies and zoomies. Pip likes to sprint full speed around the room pushing her back feet off the walls!!

He does, although he’s more of an acrobatic jumper than a binkier!

Back