• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Sudden personality change

zarathustra

Warren Scout
So we have had the boys for about 10 months give or take a bit.

They are both male, and have both been neutered.

They get on like a house on fire, which is awesome, they love to snuggle up together, and fight over he tastiest bits of curly kale.

However, I have noticed that Spencer seems to have had a change in his personality, he was never the friendliest rabbit, but he would at least tolerate strokes etc.

However, now, unless he is in the upstairs part of the hutch if you try and stroke him he will run a mile, seems to be much more timid around humans than previously, and is just generally more of a drama queen.

I’m probably worri d about nothing, and as they’re still young their personalities are still forming etc.

It’s just been a bit of a sudden change, although it might be because we’re spending so much more time with them that we’re seeing what was already there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think you are probably right in what you say. Other than that I can't think of any more advice.

I think you are probably right in what you say. Other than that I can't think of any more advice.

Yeah, I think it may also be that he feels a bit insecure if he doesn’t have something over his head, as he is much more relaxed and affectionate when he is inside

So we have had the boys for about 10 months give or take a bit.

They are both male, and have both been neutered.

They get on like a house on fire, which is awesome, they love to snuggle up together, and fight over he tastiest bits of curly kale.

However, I have noticed that Spencer seems to have had a change in his personality, he was never the friendliest rabbit, but he would at least tolerate strokes etc.

However, now, unless he is in the upstairs part of the hutch if you try and stroke him he will run a mile, seems to be much more timid around humans than previously, and is just generally more of a drama queen.

I’m probably worri d about nothing, and as they’re still young their personalities are still forming etc.

It’s just been a bit of a sudden change, although it might be because we’re spending so much more time with them that we’re seeing what was already there

Personally I think any sudden change in behaviour that has no obvious cause merits a trip to the Vet. A Rabbit who has a health problem brewing can initially show behaviour change symptoms.

It may not be a health issue at all, but it is something that I would want a Vet to rule out x

Personally I think any sudden change in behaviour that has no obvious cause merits a trip to the Vet. A Rabbit who has a health problem brewing can initially show behaviour change symptoms.

It may not be a health issue at all, but it is something that I would want a Vet to rule out x

Thanks, I’ll monitor him for a few more days, the extreme heat can’t be helping at the moment either.

He is otherwise seemingly healthy, eating, pooing and peeing as normal. Zooms around does some binkies and licks franks bum (licking franks bum seems to be Spencer’s second favourite pastime after eating all the food)

Back