• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

8 year old bunny with suspected stroke

Unfortunately after my last update, Sammy started drooling again and kept chattering her teeth. I took her back to the vets yesterday. The tongue was still healed but she could feel something under Sammy's chin. She thinks it might be another absess/infection maybe spread from the tongue to now under the tongue. Sammy had antibiotics again and pain killer again. Luckily she had just started eating some nuggets again so although she had lost a little more weight, the vet was please she has started eating the nuggets. She still won't eat hay but is eating grass finally. I have 3 different hays and she won't eat any! I have to bring her back next week or before if I need too. She's still hopping around and being naughty, she just seems unhappy every now and then but then seems to forget it again. Hopefully the antibiotics will clear this up too. Unfortunately the vet that has been dealing with Sammy is on holiday next week but luckily doing an evening surgery in a town nearby so I'm taking her through there next week. The vet was genuinely dissapointed for poor Sammy as it seemed so positive and she was also wanting to see Sammy next week herself rather than another vet. I'm pleased about that as she really wants to get Sammy better :) One other thing I noticed was Sammy keeps scratching inside one ear in particular, I mentioned it to the vet last week but she didn't notice anything and Sammy recently had the mite treatment anyway. But yesterday I noticed a largish white bit down inside Sammy's ear and another couple of smaller ones. It's very difficult to photo but I tried, anyone know how to upload a pic? It looks bright white, about 1 or 2mm, looks like a grissly bit of skin or something!

Poor Sammy. From what you have mentioned re the ear scratching/'white' inside the ear canal an ear infection sounds to be a possibility and the lump under her chin might be an abscess, as your Vet mentioned.

It is usually necessary for skull radiographs to be taken in situations such as Sammy's, but this would require another GA which probably may not be a viable option given Sammy's relative debilitated state of health and the fact that the last GA was rather unstable. So perhaps the Vet may consider going in with some heavy duty injectable antibiotics, an injectable penicillin can be very useful. The Vet may be able to clean out the pus from the ear canal and hopefully check that the tympanic membrane ( ear drum) is still intact. If it is the the Vet may prescribe some antibiotic ear drops too. Additional systemic pain relief would almost certainly be needed.

With regards to the possible abscess the Vet may suggest opening it up and then flushing out as much pus as possible.This is less likely to be curative than if the abscess were surgically removed and a full assessment (skull radiographs) made regarding what may be going on 'below the surface'. But sometimes just because certain diagnostics could be done it is not always appropriate for a particular Rabbit that they are done. If the Rabbit is not fit enough to withstand a GA the Vet will want to work with what is safer in Sammy's specific situation.

These links contain a lot of information and not all of it will definitely apply to Sammy's problems. But it might help you to have a read of them to obtain some insight into what might be going on for Sammy. That said, your Vet will be the best person to offer qualified advice as non of us on here are in that position, I certainly am not. I just try to pass on what I have learned from looking after my own Rabbits when they have had various health problems. Unfortunately I have had rather too much experience of looking after a Rabbit with chronic ear disease.

http://www.veterinarywebinars.com/m...oads/2016/03/Study_Notes_Ear_Nose_Rabbits.pdf

https://www.harcourt-brown.co.uk/me...y-course/1-facial-abscesses-and-rhinotomy.pdf

https://www.msdvetmanual.com/eye-an...-interna/overview-of-otitis-media-and-interna

http://wildpro.twycrosszoo.org/S/00dis/Bacterial/BacterialOtitisMediaInterna.htm

http://wildpro.twycrosszoo.org/S/00dis/Bacterial/FacialAbscessesRabbits.htm

*Warning-Graphic images of surgical procedures on the next two links*
http://www.medirabbit.com/EN/Dental_diseases/Treatment/Facial/abs_dental.htm
http://www.ivis.org/proceedings/navc/2006/SAE/617.pdf?LA=1

http://www.bio.miami.edu/hare/jawabscess.html

Sending very best wishes for Sammy Bunny :love:

Last edited:
Unfortunately after my last update, Sammy started drooling again and kept chattering her teeth. I took her back to the vets yesterday. The tongue was still healed but she could feel something under Sammy's chin. She thinks it might be another absess/infection maybe spread from the tongue to now under the tongue. Sammy had antibiotics again and pain killer again. Luckily she had just started eating some nuggets again so although she had lost a little more weight, the vet was please she has started eating the nuggets. She still won't eat hay but is eating grass finally. I have 3 different hays and she won't eat any! I have to bring her back next week or before if I need too. She's still hopping around and being naughty, she just seems unhappy every now and then but then seems to forget it again. Hopefully the antibiotics will clear this up too. Unfortunately the vet that has been dealing with Sammy is on holiday next week but luckily doing an evening surgery in a town nearby so I'm taking her through there next week. The vet was genuinely dissapointed for poor Sammy as it seemed so positive and she was also wanting to see Sammy next week herself rather than another vet. I'm pleased about that as she really wants to get Sammy better :) One other thing I noticed was Sammy keeps scratching inside one ear in particular, I mentioned it to the vet last week but she didn't notice anything and Sammy recently had the mite treatment anyway. But yesterday I noticed a largish white bit down inside Sammy's ear and another couple of smaller ones. It's very difficult to photo but I tried, anyone know how to upload a pic? It looks bright white, about 1 or 2mm, looks like a grissly bit of skin or something!

Hi there and apologies for not being able to reply sooner.

I am sorry that there isn't a better update for you and Sammy here. I would say that your vet may wish to treat the ear problem with antibiotics and perhaps ear drops at this stage as there's several things going on here. Penicillin injected can be very successful and is incredibly well tolerated in rabbits so a good one to use.

Penicillin would also be my choice for the abscess that seems to be growing. Painkillers and injectable penicillin can work well together, and the abscess capsule doesn't have to be removed to enable healing. Draining the abscess, if it's possible, would be important, but surgery isn't always necessary as I have founding my experience.

Here's some useful info on both those topics I mentioned:

http://www.bio.miami.edu/hare/jawabscess.html

http://www.veterinarywebinars.com/m...oads/2016/03/Study_Notes_Ear_Nose_Rabbits.pdf

Thinking of you both and sending good vibes xx

Thanks for the info everyone, I will have a read through and also try to get a better photo in her ear to upload. The vet did mention possible xrays I think, and mentioned something about if it's in the bone, I didn't quite understand. I think the idea is to see if the antibiotics clear it up and next week when we see the vet again if it hasn't then we'll take it from there. I did notice her chin is a bit dryer so she might not be drooling as much, fingers crossed! Both my bunnies had a bit of white flaky skin on their outer ears and the vet found a small amount of wax build up at the time, so both of them got the ear mite treatment. That was a few weeks ago at the start of Sammy being ill. I don't think these white bits were there then so I guess this is another problem for poor Sammy. It doesn't look like pus though, it's sticking out like a little growth or skin tag if you know what I mean. I have found a website that has a similar looking bit in the ear, I tried to copy the URL but I can't so for now I will just copy the webpage, it's the 9th photo down the page, labelled lump in the ear. Sammy's is similar to this I think: http://www.medirabbit.com/EN/Cancer/Sarcoma/Skin_Lymphoma/Lymph_rab.htm

Thanks for the info everyone, I will have a read through and also try to get a better photo in her ear to upload. The vet did mention possible xrays I think, and mentioned something about if it's in the bone, I didn't quite understand. I think the idea is to see if the antibiotics clear it up and next week when we see the vet again if it hasn't then we'll take it from there. I did notice her chin is a bit dryer so she might not be drooling as much, fingers crossed! Both my bunnies had a bit of white flaky skin on their outer ears and the vet found a small amount of wax build up at the time, so both of them got the ear mite treatment. That was a few weeks ago at the start of Sammy being ill. I don't think these white bits were there then so I guess this is another problem for poor Sammy. It doesn't look like pus though, it's sticking out like a little growth or skin tag if you know what I mean. I have found a website that has a similar looking bit in the ear, I tried to copy the URL but I can't so for now I will just copy the webpage, it's the 9th photo down the page, labelled lump in the ear. Sammy's is similar to this I think: http://www.medirabbit.com/EN/Cancer/Sarcoma/Skin_Lymphoma/Lymph_rab.htm

It could be a papilloma, one of my Rabbits has numerous papillomas in his ears. Try not to think of all the 'what ifs' (easier said than done) and take things one day at a time. Your Vet seems to have a plan of action based on what treatment options are best for Sammy's specific case. He/she mentioned infection in the bone as this can sometimes be an issue with jaw abscesses. But it is not always the case.I do hope that he can remain as well as possible.

I hope you can take these things one at a time, and also one day at a time.

I hope the antibiotics do some magic and that both you and Sammy can get to a more comfortable place yourselves x

Hi everyone, I took Sammy to the vet today to get her ears checked as it looked like more white bits. Unfortunately it wasn't the vet that has been looking after her and just my luck had to be the idiot vet I really didn't want! When my hamster was ill he would hardly touch him or pick him up and he has been dismissive when I've seen him before. Today he asked me to put my finger on where the spot was, which I couldn't do as it's in her ear! He was looking from a distance and clearly didn't want to get near her. Eventually he looked with one of those things in her ear and saw what I was talking about. He didn't check her over at all, read the notes a bit and just said he would give her ear drops and let Clare (the other vet) have a look when I take her back Wednesday. He was clearly trying to rush us out! Anyway, at least I have medicime for that although as I don't fully trust that vet, I assume it's ok for her to have the ear stuff alongside the antibiotic and pain killer, I hope he wouldn't be that stupid. It's Surolan for the ears, Baytril antibiotic and Loxicom for the pain. Poor Sammy is still drooling, possibly more than before but luckily eating nuggets and grass and enjoying a few treats. I would have liked the vet to have inspected her today but there was no point with that vet. Unfortunately Wednesday is the earliest I can get to see the good vet Clare again. If I'm still worried Monday I might try to get her in to see another vet that was good with my hamster. At the moment she is doing a lot of just sitting kind of staring bless her. She seems to be getting comfort from my other bunny being nearby but I can't leave them together as I was never able to get them properly bonded. Luckily I work from home so I have been sitting in the hallway a lot with them both.

I am sorry you had to deal with a vet who was not willing, or able, to examine your lovely Sammy. From what you write, Sammy is comfortable and eating so at least it is not to the point of it being an emergency. Even so, I feel your frustrations at not being able to get an earlier appointment with your favorite vet. Fortunately, your working from home allows you to monitor her during the day and also give her some extra company. It is also nice that your other bunny can be nearby for some extra support. Sending you and Sammy some extra positive vibes.

Hi everyone, I took Sammy to the vet today to get her ears checked as it looked like more white bits. Unfortunately it wasn't the vet that has been looking after her and just my luck had to be the idiot vet I really didn't want! When my hamster was ill he would hardly touch him or pick him up and he has been dismissive when I've seen him before. Today he asked me to put my finger on where the spot was, which I couldn't do as it's in her ear! He was looking from a distance and clearly didn't want to get near her. Eventually he looked with one of those things in her ear and saw what I was talking about. He didn't check her over at all, read the notes a bit and just said he would give her ear drops and let Clare (the other vet) have a look when I take her back Wednesday. He was clearly trying to rush us out! Anyway, at least I have medicime for that although as I don't fully trust that vet, I assume it's ok for her to have the ear stuff alongside the antibiotic and pain killer, I hope he wouldn't be that stupid. It's Surolan for the ears, Baytril antibiotic and Loxicom for the pain. Poor Sammy is still drooling, possibly more than before but luckily eating nuggets and grass and enjoying a few treats. I would have liked the vet to have inspected her today but there was no point with that vet. Unfortunately Wednesday is the earliest I can get to see the good vet Clare again. If I'm still worried Monday I might try to get her in to see another vet that was good with my hamster. At the moment she is doing a lot of just sitting kind of staring bless her. She seems to be getting comfort from my other bunny being nearby but I can't leave them together as I was never able to get them properly bonded. Luckily I work from home so I have been sitting in the hallway a lot with them both.

How's she doing now?

It's awful when you get a vet that doesn't seem to know what to do. I'm very picky who I see, but even so you can still get caught out in an emergency.

I hope things are stable until Wednesday and you can see Clare again.

How are the ear drops going? No unpleasant side effects?

Sammy seemed to be in more pain yesterday and today, she wouldn't settle properly when I was stroking her and was sitting up a lot and wouldn't lie down. She even went for Gingerbread when he went by so she didn't seem to want his company! I phoned the vets to check about her antibiotics as I noticed it actually said for 5 days and I had done 7. Luckily it was another nice vet who is experienced in small animals that phoned me back. I asked her about bringing her in to maybe get a higher dose of pain killer or something different as it didn't seem to be doing much yesterday and today. I managed to get an appointment with her so was relieved. She had a proper check of Sammy and couldn't feel the lump under Sammy's chin so she thinks it has either shrunk or gone :) She checked her ears but didn't think that was causing her pain as she was happy for her ears to be touched. She prescribed some Vetergesic Buprecare to be put onto her gums twice a day, to have alongside the loxicom once a day. She has to continue with the eardrops but can stop the antibiotic. I will be taking her back Wednesday to see Clare as planned. I'm not sure how quick the vetergesic can work but when we got her home we gave her the 1st dose, she went off in a strop for a few minutes but came back out her room and munched on some grass I just picked. Hopefully either it's started working or she is picking up again anyway, fingers crossed!

I am sorry Sammy is had a bad patch and was glad you got a better vet for Sammy and you. I will keep my fingers and toes crossed that Sammy can stay comfortable and eating until her underlying issue is resolved.

Sammy seemed to be in more pain yesterday and today, she wouldn't settle properly when I was stroking her and was sitting up a lot and wouldn't lie down. She even went for Gingerbread when he went by so she didn't seem to want his company! I phoned the vets to check about her antibiotics as I noticed it actually said for 5 days and I had done 7. Luckily it was another nice vet who is experienced in small animals that phoned me back. I asked her about bringing her in to maybe get a higher dose of pain killer or something different as it didn't seem to be doing much yesterday and today. I managed to get an appointment with her so was relieved. She had a proper check of Sammy and couldn't feel the lump under Sammy's chin so she thinks it has either shrunk or gone :) She checked her ears but didn't think that was causing her pain as she was happy for her ears to be touched. She prescribed some Vetergesic Buprecare to be put onto her gums twice a day, to have alongside the loxicom once a day. She has to continue with the eardrops but can stop the antibiotic. I will be taking her back Wednesday to see Clare as planned. I'm not sure how quick the vetergesic can work but when we got her home we gave her the 1st dose, she went off in a strop for a few minutes but came back out her room and munched on some grass I just picked. Hopefully either it's started working or she is picking up again anyway, fingers crossed!

I'm sorry to hear Sammy has been unsettled.

I hope the Vetergesic works it's magic. How are you managing with getting it onto her gums?

It works pretty quickly, so it probably took away her pain, and gives you a breathing space from now until you see Clare tomorrow.

Good luck xx

I'm sorry to hear Sammy has been unsettled.

I hope the Vetergesic works it's magic. How are you managing with getting it onto her gums?

It works pretty quickly, so it probably took away her pain, and gives you a breathing space from now until you see Clare tomorrow.

Good luck xx

Hi, poor Sammy is worse again today, roll on 5pm to see the vet, Clare. She's in pain again today. I'm wondering if I haven't done the vetergesic right. Yesterday and today it just comes out too quick from the syringe, I can't get it to do it slowly so some got wasted and I'm not sure I got the rest in right. What I was doing was lifting her top lip and putting it under there, I assume that should get the gums? It sounded easy enough when the vet told me what to do and seemed to do something the first time and yesterday she was happy and relaxing. Also I'm a bit concerned I'm not doing the ear drops right, I'm dropping them in fairly far into the ear, I'm assuming it just runs down into her ear, I have been holding her ear up and massaging it a bit after doing it to try to make sure. She certainly flicks her head around after so is feeling something. I know I can ask the vet later but you guys on here might have tips that the vet might not think of. She did just enjoy a bit of strawberry and banana which seemed to make her forget for a minute or 2!

Hi, poor Sammy is worse again today, roll on 5pm to see the vet, Clare. She's in pain again today. I'm wondering if I haven't done the vetergesic right. Yesterday and today it just comes out too quick from the syringe, I can't get it to do it slowly so some got wasted and I'm not sure I got the rest in right. What I was doing was lifting her top lip and putting it under there, I assume that should get the gums? It sounded easy enough when the vet told me what to do and seemed to do something the first time and yesterday she was happy and relaxing. Also I'm a bit concerned I'm not doing the ear drops right, I'm dropping them in fairly far into the ear, I'm assuming it just runs down into her ear, I have been holding her ear up and massaging it a bit after doing it to try to make sure. She certainly flicks her head around after so is feeling something. I know I can ask the vet later but you guys on here might have tips that the vet might not think of. She did just enjoy a bit of strawberry and banana which seemed to make her forget for a minute or 2!

I think you are doing the Vetergesic right. It works trans-mucosally, and therefore absorbed into the bloodstream via mucous membrane. The gums and basically into the mouth.

It also sounds like you're doing the ear drops right as well.

I hope Clare can help you both when you see her later.

Good luck xx

Next Update;

We have not long come back from seeing Clare. She felt for the lump and it has gone which is good. Unfortunately she had a small cut in her cheek last week which hasn't heeled and is worse. She would have expected that to have gone already. There is nothing that could be catching to cause it. She thinks maybe Sammy has an absess in the root of a tooth or something. She felt the jawline but is seems fine. The only way to know what's going on is to get an xray. She said Sammy has to be aneasthetised for that and warned of the high risk. I asked if she could have it without putting her under, at first she said no it would be blurry but then she though about it and said we could try to do it that way. That's why I love this vet so much, she is so willing to do whatever for Sammy. So she has us booked in Friday evening for a 40 minute appointment to give it a try. She also wants to try an injection antibiotic but wait until she has tried the xrays first. She also mentioned taking bloods as well to see if that brings anything up. She has also given me Zantac just in case as she said sometimes if there is discomfort eating that can cause some drooling too and she had slightly dropped weight again. Anyway, Sammy was pretty stressed by the time we got home as it's a 20 minute drive each way (luckily the next appointment is back at our normal vets 5 mins away). And then we had to do her medicines. BUT she went off in her room, went to toilet and then MIRACLE, she ate some hay!!!!!!!!!!! For the first time in 5 1/2 weeks!!!!! She sat there and munched for about 5 minutes. Fingers crossed she continues, and continues with her nuggets too, hopefully that will get her weight back up and more able to fight whatever is going on! So the saga continues, I will update on Friday again how the xray goes!!!

We have not long come back from seeing Clare. She felt for the lump and it has gone which is good. Unfortunately she had a small cut in her cheek last week which hasn't heeled and is worse. She would have expected that to have gone already. There is nothing that could be catching to cause it. She thinks maybe Sammy has an absess in the root of a tooth or something. She felt the jawline but is seems fine. The only way to know what's going on is to get an xray. She said Sammy has to be aneasthetised for that and warned of the high risk. I asked if she could have it without putting her under, at first she said no it would be blurry but then she though about it and said we could try to do it that way. That's why I love this vet so much, she is so willing to do whatever for Sammy. So she has us booked in Friday evening for a 40 minute appointment to give it a try. She also wants to try an injection antibiotic but wait until she has tried the xrays first. She also mentioned taking bloods as well to see if that brings anything up. She has also given me Zantac just in case as she said sometimes if there is discomfort eating that can cause some drooling too and she had slightly dropped weight again. Anyway, Sammy was pretty stressed by the time we got home as it's a 20 minute drive each way (luckily the next appointment is back at our normal vets 5 mins away). And then we had to do her medicines. BUT she went off in her room, went to toilet and then MIRACLE, she ate some hay!!!!!!!!!!! For the first time in 5 1/2 weeks!!!!! She sat there and munched for about 5 minutes. Fingers crossed she continues, and continues with her nuggets too, hopefully that will get her weight back up and more able to fight whatever is going on! So the saga continues, I will update on Friday again how the xray goes!!!

Did she receive any medications prior to her eating? I am glad she decided to eat her hay and give you a boost. Sending you both more positive vibes for continued improvement.

You must have been thrilled to bits to see that :)

Shame about the cheek. I think I mentioned injectable penicillin in an earlier post as being really useful in cases of abscesses. Especially when you aren't able to cut out the capsule. It works incredibly well ...

Fingers crossed for Friday.

No-one can say you aren't dong anything and everything for lovely Sammy xx

GOOD NEWS (sort of). Sammy got on well at the vets today, Clare took her off for about 15 minutes to attempt the xrays without putting her under. She said she wrapped her up like a bunny sausage and she sat still! Sammy is normally pretty good at the vets, it wouldn't have worked with our other bunny as he would have moved around too much! Clare got some good xrays which pretty clearly show something at the bottom of one of her teeth which she thinks is an abscess. It looks like it has gone into the bone or pushed the bone out slightly as it isn't straight like the other side. So the next step is the injectable antibiotic which I think she mentioned penicillin as MightyMax also mentioned above. She is getting her first injection tomorrow as they didn't have it in stock for today. Then she has it weekly I guess until it clears up (fingers crossed) or if we have to consider something else. Clare mentioned that when she filed Sammy's teeth there weren't any loose ones or anything so it would be difficult to remove that tooth so I really hope we don't have to do that. I'm so relieved to have found a hopefully curable reason to the drooling and hopefully get her back to health. Clare also said they had to try the Baytril first before being allowed to move onto try the other ones. I don't think she meant financially as Sammy is not insured so I just have to pay whatever anyway, I think she said something about having to try one for bunnies first then she can use the other that isn't designed for bunnies if the bunny one doesn't work!?! The vet, Clare, seemed so happy just like we were that the xrays had worked and also that we could see something so we know what we are dealing with. I really love this vet, I am calling her the female Supervet!!!!!!!

GOOD NEWS (sort of). Sammy got on well at the vets today, Clare took her off for about 15 minutes to attempt the xrays without putting her under. She said she wrapped her up like a bunny sausage and she sat still! Sammy is normally pretty good at the vets, it wouldn't have worked with our other bunny as he would have moved around too much! Clare got some good xrays which pretty clearly show something at the bottom of one of her teeth which she thinks is an abscess. It looks like it has gone into the bone or pushed the bone out slightly as it isn't straight like the other side. So the next step is the injectable antibiotic which I think she mentioned penicillin as MightyMax also mentioned above. She is getting her first injection tomorrow as they didn't have it in stock for today. Then she has it weekly I guess until it clears up (fingers crossed) or if we have to consider something else. Clare mentioned that when she filed Sammy's teeth there weren't any loose ones or anything so it would be difficult to remove that tooth so I really hope we don't have to do that. I'm so relieved to have found a hopefully curable reason to the drooling and hopefully get her back to health. Clare also said they had to try the Baytril first before being allowed to move onto try the other ones. I don't think she meant financially as Sammy is not insured so I just have to pay whatever anyway, I think she said something about having to try one for bunnies first then she can use the other that isn't designed for bunnies if the bunny one doesn't work!?! The vet, Clare, seemed so happy just like we were that the xrays had worked and also that we could see something so we know what we are dealing with. I really love this vet, I am calling her the female Supervet!!!!!!!

I am glad that Sammy managed to have the X-Ray and it worked fine in the end!

Regards the antibiotics - your vet did not *have* to prescribe Baytriil first. There's what's called a 'cascade' of prescribing.
This explains it here:

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/the-cascade-prescribing-unauthorised-medicines

If the medicine is more suitable to the needs of the patient, then it can be prescribed. Even 'off label' - though some vets will require your consent in writing for this.

The other point is, that injectable penicillin will not work if given simply once a week. For an abscess it has to be given at least every other day, and many vets give it daily until the abscess has actually disappeared. Then give the injections once every other day for a couple more weeks.

I know you have faith in your vet, so it must sound a bit weird that I'm saying all this stuff - Sorry!
But I couldn't just let it pass without saying something, so I hope you'll forgive me! :)

I was at the 'cutting edge' when vets began to use penicillin for abscess treatment about 20 years ago, and I've treated literally dozens of rabbits with all kinds of abscesses. I worked alongside a number of Rescue vets to trial the efficacy of injectable penicillin xx

Back