• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

what Burgess Excel food to buy?

binkyCodie

Mama Doe
as I reach the end of my SS bag I'm looking at moving over to Burgess Excel.. for a few personal reasons but mostly as I am worried about the choking risk as they scoff their pellet like they haven't seen food in days. along with that I do enjoy using the treat balls and the SS pellet never falls out very easily, they both look annoyed :lol:

I also wonder if their food might do Luna some good given her issues, such as the mature one with cranberry? no idea if it actually helps as it says it does but, I suppose it might be worth a shot.

of course Orion couldn't be on the mature being a baby still, so I can see having two different foods a bit of a faff given I have limited room and nowhere to store two bags. along with that they eat one anothers food so I can see the mature not even getting to Luna in the first place :lol:

as I reach the end of my SS bag I'm looking at moving over to Burgess Excel.. for a few personal reasons but mostly as I am worried about the choking risk as they scoff their pellet like they haven't seen food in days. along with that I do enjoy using the treat balls and the SS pellet never falls out very easily, they both look annoyed [emoji38]

I also wonder if their food might do Luna some good given her issues, such as the mature one with cranberry? no idea if it actually helps as it says it does but, I suppose it might be worth a shot.

of course Orion couldn't be on the mature being a baby still, so I can see having two different foods a bit of a faff given I have limited room and nowhere to store two bags. along with that they eat one anothers food so I can see the mature not even getting to Luna in the first place [emoji38]
Tricky one, is Luna 5+? I think that's what packet says or maybe it's 6+.. Idk I feed it with no problems :) depending on her age I reckon I'd just buy the standard one :) as feeding buns separately who live together is challenging as I found out [emoji38][emoji38] unless you hand feed.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

she isn't considered "senior" but she acts it, if that makes sense. it sounds horrible but I don't believe she will last as long as a rabbit who had a healthy start to life, and wasn't diagnosed w arthritis at 2. she's very slow and spends most of her time just under my desk. sometimes she binkies or shows excitement/happiness, but a lot of time she just spends chilling. its nothing how she was before. I wondered while it is senior, if it would provide any benefits.

I've tried her with joint supplements but she doesnt like those :roll:

is there any difference between with mint or the nature one?

she isn't considered "senior" but she acts it, if that makes sense. it sounds horrible but I don't believe she will last as long as a rabbit who had a healthy start to life, and wasn't diagnosed w arthritis at 2. she's very slow and spends most of her time just under my desk. sometimes she binkies or shows excitement/happiness, but a lot of time she just spends chilling. its nothing how she was before. I wondered while it is senior, if it would provide any benefits.

I've tried her with joint supplements but she doesnt like those :roll:

is there any difference between with mint or the nature one?

I could be wrong but I wouldn't go for senior then, I think senior pellets are lighter? And stop buns getting overweight? I could be making this up so check [emoji38]

Both are fine and have been eaten here, I personally couldn't see much difference :)

that's fair :) I know it has less protien and vitamin content. I'll stick away from it and perhaps see if there is anything else I can do for her joints then.

I'll perhaps ask for a sample of each from burgess if I can, since I don't want to buy a bag for nothing

that's fair :) I know it has less protien and vitamin content. I'll stick away from it and perhaps see if there is anything else I can do for her joints then.

I'll perhaps ask for a sample of each from burgess if I can, since I don't want to buy a bag for nothing
Yea if they won't I can send you some of the bog standard one if you wanna give it a try :)

If you want a sample of Burgess with mint I can send you some if you'd like :thumb:

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

If you want a sample of Burgess with mint I can send you some if you'd like :thumb:

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
I should've specified - to me the one with mint is the bog standard one [emoji38] have you tried the others? I've never bothered to order them online, and only once seen them in a shop haha

Back