• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

RIP black & white cat

orangediva

Mama Doe
I found a cat tonight dead in the middle of the road on my way home from work. He was still warm, someone had just only just hit him and left him there to die. I moved him from the middle of the road and knocked on the nearest door but there was no reply and all the houses were in darkness (2.30am) so I drove him to my vets who agreed to take him in and scan him for a chip. I couldn’t leave him there, it’s really upset me and I feel angry and disgusted that someone could hit him and just leave him lying in the road.

Sleep tight little man. I’m thinking of you and whoever your family are and I hope the vets are able to let them know what’s happened to you so they don’t have to wonder forever. The person that hit you and left you might not have cared but I do and I know lots of people here will too. Xx

RIP little one xx I’m glad you cared to stop and care for him. Hugs to you xx

Sleep tight black and white cat. I hope you were loved and know that someone cared about you at the end.
Thank you for stopping x

I can’t stop thinking about him and haven’t slept much. I’m not sure whether to go back and knock on some doors in case he wasn’t chipped. I keep thinking of someone calling him in for his breakfast and worrying where he is. I can’t imagine telling them what happened but I think not knowing and him just going missing is worse?

I gave my lot extra hugs and treats last night - they put up with the hugs but loved the treats. I’ve never been more thankful for my cat secure garden in my life. It’s just so sad.

You could put up a few small posters in the general area with a brief description of the cat, when he was found, and where he is now. Word will probably get round and hopefully reach the owner. There will probably be some social media sites with local lost pets on - again, just a brief description of the cat (eg short haired black and white boy/ girl adult / kitten, collar / no collar), time & place he was found, and where he is now in case they want him back for burial / cremation. Well done for picking him up. I would be very grateful if someone had done that for one of mine. There's nothing worse than not knowing, so thank you from another cat owner.

Well done! It's happening all the time here. When I go on Facebay there is one cat after another that has been hit and by the side of the road. Some kind folk do take them to the Vets so their owners can be informed, if they are chipped.

Thanks guys - have just phoned the vets to ask if he was micro chipped (I knew they wouldn’t give me details but I said I just wanted to know if he was chipped or not as I was going to go back and knock on some doors if not). Turns out he was and his owners have been informed. Poor them. Sleep tight little fella, I’m sure you will be missed xx

Back