• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit back legs

Samanthaleef

New Kit
When Odessa, my 4 1/2 month old lionhead hops she hops with both back legs close together and feet pointing outward, my 2 year old doesnt do this and ive watched videos and havent seen others do this. They all seem to hop with a gap between the back legs. It doesnt seem to affect her hopping but i was wondering if this was just a thing that she does or if there is a problem.

Have you tried Googling it? It doesn't sound like splay legs but might be without seeing a photo.

Ive googled and all i get is splay legs but those legs open wide and stick out. Odessa's are like the opposite. When she hops it looks like her back legs are glued together with the feet sticking outwards.

hi :wave:

in this case, I think it will be really hard for any of us to take a guess without being able to see something, a photo or video maybe. it could be an issue to do with her hips.

Luna has arthritis and a shallow hip joint, so sometimes her feetsies sit in odd positions when she moves about or sits down.

I think it might be best with taking it up with your vet and perhaps getting some x-rays of her hips to make sure everything is looking good :)

Back