• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Trio housing

Alicia

Mama Doe
I don’t know what to do, Jelly and Beans currently have a pen that I leave open. I thought about putting another one on top and making it double storey and then leaving it open still, it would just make more use of unused space, give them some levels to jump on.

The alternative is a shed outside but all we have is gravel and we rent so are likely to move so it seems a bit silly to get a shed but I like that I could make them levels in the shed and have space that is just there’s. Ideally I’d like to just have them free roam but Jelly has already ripped the carpet up so possibly not the best idea, unless I can fully rabbit proof but is it even possible to fully rabbit proof against a very determined rabbit? It would appear she hates me and doesn’t want me to get my deposit back :lol:

I suppose it depends on how often you would be moving, whether a shed would be feasible or not, but sheds can be erected and dismantled fairly easily. You could take into consideration when choosing a shed, the ease of moving it. Otherwise it seems you will have the constant worry about damage to the rented property.

I’m now wondering about some kind of indoor aviary. I think it would make better use of the space, I can add levels but it’s all contained so I wouldn’t worry so much. I found a link of people that make similar, I may message them and say what I’ve got in mind and see what they can do. The bunnies are away for bonding at the moment and the photos and updates look very promising so fingers crossed :D

Hope the bonding goes well. I have moved with sheds on more than one occasion and have been happy with the way they stood up to being taken down and put up again somewhere new.

Back