• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Where to start finding a pal for bereaved bun?

walsh366

Young Bun
Hi - following a post-op stroke we were utterly devastated Mollie (just 3, on left in profile pic) died on Saturday. Max her brother is missing her terribly. The are free roamers in my garden in the day and now he sits around and presses himself to the guinea pigs outdoor run like he's desperate for company. He's eating normally and relaxed and cleaning himself so no worries there.

I want to find a pal for him but where to start? You can't just head off to a rescue, get a 3 year old I like the look of and bring it home and try to bond them (or is that what you do???) I read somewhere some rescues take your rabbit and try matching formally runs next to runs til they get a match. I'm in Nottingham near the city but there's nothing like that here.

Has anyone been in this situation and can advise please. I just want him to be happy again. Thanks

Sarah

Last edited:
I’m so sorry you lost Mollie :cry: you can try rescues for a suitable friend, they don’t have to be the same age or size, they will sometimes help with bonding. Your nearest rescues can be found on here http://www.rabbitrehome.org.uk
If you don’t see a suitable rabbit on the rescue website I would still contact them as they may have rabbits coming in that aren’t on there.

Back