• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Filavac batch recall

~ILoveMyBunny~

Alpha Buck
Last edited:
Not sure if this has already been posted (or if this is the right section) but just seen a tweet from the RWAF about a batch of Filavac being recalled due to incorrect storage during shipment

From the RWAF's tweet: "Don't panic - discuss with your vet, but don't delay in vaccinating."

Link: https://www.vettimes.co.uk/news/filavac-batch-recall/

Edit: Additional link from gov website: https://www.gov.uk/government/news/filavac-vhd-k-cv-product-defect-recall-alert

Hi there :wave:

Yes it's been posted and I've put the info on my thread (see below) :)

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?456446-RHD2-Updated-25-June-2018/page70

I hope you're OK?

Oh goodness sorry :oops::oops::oops: I haven't had time to read the forum lately. Just saw it pop up on twitter and thought I'd pass it on in case it hadn't been mentioned. I should have thought to check your thread :oops:

Managing, thanks for asking :) Buns are all doing well and it's been about 5 months since our last (non vaccination) vet trip so for the moment at least there's that lol :p

Not sure if this has already been posted (or if this is the right section) but just seen a tweet from the RWAF about a batch of Filavac being recalled due to incorrect storage during shipment

From the RWAF's tweet: "Don't panic - discuss with your vet, but don't delay in vaccinating."

Link: https://www.vettimes.co.uk/news/filavac-batch-recall/

Edit: Additional link from gov website: https://www.gov.uk/government/news/filavac-vhd-k-cv-product-defect-recall-alert

Thanks so much for the heads up. DemiS posted a thread about it in Rabbit Chat and Santa has given her invaluable input. But some folk may have missed it.

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?471582-Filavac-Recall

As you are on FB you may want to follow this highly respected (by many Vets) source of up to date info about RHD2 and the availability of Vaccines

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1744958082388756/

Oh goodness sorry :oops::oops::oops: I haven't had time to read the forum lately. Just saw it pop up on twitter and thought I'd pass it on in case it hadn't been mentioned. I should have thought to check your thread :oops:

Managing, thanks for asking :) Buns are all doing well and it's been about 5 months since our last (non vaccination) vet trip so for the moment at least there's that lol :p

Please don't be sorry! It's enough to keep up with daily life, let alone keep up with the Forums as well :D

I've started a new thread so I am going to re-post that info on there so that it won't be missed:

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?471653-RHD2-July-2018&p=7025444#post7025444

As you are on FB you may want to follow this highly respected (by many Vets) source of up to date info about RHD2 and the availability of Vaccines
No facebook, just twitter lol. I don't even use that very often, it just popped up in my e-mail this morning :p But I'll take a look at the facebook page, if it's one that can be read without an account (I can never work facebook out, sometimes it lets you access it and sometimes it doesn't :roll:)
Just on my way out to pick up a few bags worth of herbs from the market for the 'herd' :p:lol:

No facebook, just twitter lol. I don't even use that very often, it just popped up in my e-mail this morning :p But I'll take a look at the facebook page, if it's one that can be read without an account (I can never work facebook out, sometimes it lets you access it and sometimes it doesn't :roll:)
Just on my way out to pick up a few bags worth of herbs from the market for the 'herd' :p:lol:

I dont know if it can be viewed without a FB account at all, but it can be viewed without having to join the Group. The RWAF often contribute to it as do some Vets when they have had to deal with a confirmed case of RHD2.

Hope you manage to get lots of tasty herbs. I nearly fainted when I saw the cost of a bunch of Coriander in Sainsburys this morning, £1.25 :shock: It looked really manky too x

I'm glad you're managing OK. And hopefully be more than just managing when things are calmer for you. :)

I got my lot loads of parsley and coriander yesterday. They are being sold at 2 bunches for £1.20 and large ones at that, so me and the buns were well pleased :D

I dont know if it can be viewed without a FB account at all, but it can be viewed without having to join the Group. The RWAF often contribute to it as do some Vets when they have had to deal with a confirmed case of RHD2.

Hope you manage to get lots of tasty herbs. I nearly fainted when I saw the cost of a bunch of Coriander in Sainsburys this morning, £1.25 :shock: It looked really manky too x
Yep, I can see it :D I do keep an eye on the map from time to time but wasn't aware of the FB group. Thanks :thumb:
Yeah, got a nice load of herbs including some methi so everyone's happy :p A lot cheaper to get it at the local market. The supermarkets can be very expensive :shock: Especially Sainsbury's, though I've started going there more often lately as I've discovered they sell vegan marshmallows (for me, not the bunnies :lol:) and I usually pick up some carrots as carrot tops are an absolute favourite here and I don't know anywhere else that sells them with tops! Jazzie in particular loves them :p

I'm glad you're managing OK. And hopefully be more than just managing when things are calmer for you. :)

I got my lot loads of parsley and coriander yesterday. They are being sold at 2 bunches for £1.20 and large ones at that, so me and the buns were well pleased :D
Yeah, that's similar to what I pay at our weekly market. Just hope we're going to have something similar where we move to as I'm sick of getting it from supermarkets only for it to be rotten the next day :?

Can't wait to finally get out of here. Then maybe we can safely grow some food for the buns instead! I've been stockpiling seeds :lol:

Yep, I can see it :D I do keep an eye on the map from time to time but wasn't aware of the FB group. Thanks :thumb:
Yeah, got a nice load of herbs including some methi so everyone's happy :p A lot cheaper to get it at the local market. The supermarkets can be very expensive :shock: Especially Sainsbury's, though I've started going there more often lately as I've discovered they sell vegan marshmallows (for me, not the bunnies :lol:) and I usually pick up some carrots as carrot tops are an absolute favourite here and I don't know anywhere else that sells them with tops! Jazzie in particular loves them :p

Yeah, that's similar to what I pay at our weekly market. Just hope we're going to have something similar where we move to as I'm sick of getting it from supermarkets only for it to be rotten the next day :?

Can't wait to finally get out of here. Then maybe we can safely grow some food for the buns instead! I've been stockpiling seeds :lol:

Supermarkets are dastardly with their herbs, and being (usually) packaged I find they go slimy quickly.
Yes, it will be lovely for you when you leave, and there's so many bits and bobs you can put into the garden for the buns :)

I like the sound of vegan marshmallows and I shall have to keep my eyes open next time I find a Sainsbury's :D

Back