• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

bunnies on bonfire night

smokeys owner

Warren Scout
how were you're rabbits? I found out at my local petstore 5 bunnies got killed, my rabbit was alright fortunately but my friends emma's little bunny cole got killed :( he was only 3 months old, she's been in hysterics ever since. damn you fireworks :evil:.

Thats really bad news.....

Mine were fine, we had some huge fireworks going off that sounded more like bombs so I kept going out to check on the boys but they were both fine and more interested in their food luckily........

Thats awful, I hate fireworks, luckly my buns are inside and didn't get bothered at all by the fireworks, I swear they are getting louder tho....

Dubbs was ok with them, has been every year, although i did bring him in when the really big noisy ones went off.

sorry to hear about your friend's bunny :-(

My buns were inside and didn't take any notice of the fireworks luckily, though the cat was quivering under the bed!!!

Hiya
i know, i hate this time of year! I weaned my guys onto a radio a couple of weeks before bonfire night, and play it loudly in the rabbit shed.
Last year was particuarly bad, i lost a 1 week old litter, and a 4 month old buck. It was awful.
This year the rabbits havnt bothered at all, didnt notice, and were happily listening to heart FM lol.
HTH xx

Sorry to hear about the bunnies, I hope your friend is ok.

Mine seemed to be ok, they did at one point hide in their bedrooms, but this was at a time when the fireworks were going off and the neightbours dogs were barking at them.

I keep them inside so they were checked on regularly by me and my partner Nick.

Got slightly spoilt though to get them through it all, so are now on diets!

Mary

Back