• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How much mounting?

Jaspar0205

Young Bun
Okay so this is probably going to sound like a stupid question but,
how much should I let my rabbits mount? I'm still currently waiting until Luna is spayed (which is hopefully at the end of the month) before I let her Jaspar out
without the divider. I know that there is going to chasing and mounting etc but I'm just wondering if there is a limit to how much they should mount or if I shoild just let them get on with it?

Do you mean how much mounting post spay, or now? If now, some folk let them get on with it. If they have a good amount of space the female usually runs away from the male so this avoids mounting. In my experience she will keep avoiding him for about 3 days then they settle down, but if she can't get away I suppose he will mount her as he needs her to know that he is boss. The problem with this is she could get fed up and retaliate.

Sorry, I don't think I made the question make any sense?

Yes, I did mean post spay. They have been together once or twice without the divider, I'm not too sure how but I believe Jaspar jumped it? and there was quite some mounting on her part.

So once she is spayed and recovered from it, should I just let them get on with it? (Apart from when they try to hump each others head)

Where will you bond them when she is ready? It will need to be away from where she is now. Personally I have never liked too much mounting as I said previously. If they have enough space the female can run away, but lots of folk bond in a small space and she can't get away. Over on UK Rabbits people tend to go for a small space and allow plenty of mounting. How old is your female?

My female humped my male for weeks on and off whilst they were bonding, it settled now they hump each other occasionally [emoji38]

My female is top bun tho. I let them get on with it honestly, as long as there's no head humping (because bites to that area aren't nice..) then I leave them to sort their own positions within their pair out themselves. Chasing I stopped unless it was a quick chase and dissolved into nothingness - continued though I stopped it.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Back