• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Why do bunnies...

HMacU2

Warren Scout
Why do bunnies always wait until my day off to need a vet?! After working the weekend and Monday, Tuesday as an RVN, my own bunny decided to wait until yesterday to be a bit quiet and then there wasn’t much improvement this morning so into work we went!

Nothing like going to work when you’re not meant to be there!

Why do bunnies always wait until my day off to need a vet?! After working the weekend and Monday, Tuesday as an RVN, my own bunny decided to wait until yesterday to be a bit quiet and then there wasn’t much improvement this morning so into work we went!

Nothing like going to work when you’re not meant to be there!

Well if you will let them go online and Google every possible Bunny Health problem and then convince themselves they must have it you only have yourself to blame !! :lol:

Hope that poorly Bunny is feeling better now xx

Well if you will let them go online and Google every possible Bunny Health problem and then convince themselves they must have it you only have yourself to blame !! :lol:

Hope that poorly Bunny is feeling better now xx

She’s a bit spaced out from the buprenorphine injection and then decided she didn’t want metaclopramide or ranitidine! Has been munching some hay and out in the garden with her brother so fingers crossed!

She’s a bit spaced out from the buprenorphine injection and then decided she didn’t want metaclopramide or ranitidine! Has been munching some hay and out in the garden with her brother so fingers crossed!

Hopefully she'll soon be 100% better xx

Hi! Thankfully she never stopped eating so I think stasis was caught before it really came to anything! On meds for 5 days but so far so good 🙂

Still eating, drinking, pooping but not quite 100% yet but looks to be getting there. It was one of those you just ‘know’ somethings not quite right and with the high temperatures recently I was worried about that. Of course she has to prove me wrong with a slightly low temperature (but not low enough to be concerned)!

Here they are yesterday

a5111ecbe7b64bfd18cb141c740fff21.jpg
2ac6070b05dd8a5230b047eaed98b076.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

How are things now? :wave:

Iona is back to begging for food and doing more binkies again so all seems well. Hoping to give them their 6 month filavac booster today. I had been giving it annually but with working at the vets where we’ve had so many suspicious cases I’m worried I’ll bring something home even with the thorough protocols. They also come to work with me when I work weekends so the vet and I discussed and decided to booster them this year!

Thought I would update as Iona had another episode on Sunday of been hunched and tooth grinding after eating hay. I booked her in for investigations on Thursday but brought it forward to today due to minor bloating. She had lingual spurs filed down and then scans and x-rays which didn’t show too much except a stomach of food and reduced GIT motility. I took bloods from her to send away to the lab for full profile and EC titres and ran urinalysis too so fingers crossed! I’ve left her at work with Harris for my colleagues to nurse overnight so I can get some sleep!

Also thought you would appreciate some drugged up bunny pictures
67930400d3b59cbf826f1d772656994c.jpg

Showing off her two IV catheters

7aec79440753375e53ee27b0202e17dc.jpg

Waking up from the anaesthetic

7d0f7450af33d6737b05a003da842673.jpg

Recovering while I had lunch (snuck them into the staff room with her fluids to make sure no-one chewed the fluid lines!)

Harris gets stressed if they’re separated so he has to stay with her for all the procedures

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

It must be so useful being an RVN. Bless her, good to see she's recovering well :love:

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Back