• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Here I go again!

Caz

Mama Doe
So Adele (named after Adele on here in 2005 by ARC) passed away a couple of years ago now just a month shy of 11. She had outlived two husbuns and survived nodular myxi. We have been slowly reducing the number of pets we had by not replacing those that passed on so we took the decision no more rabbits. Leaving just one cat, one dog, a pony and some fish it’s hard enough to get pet sitters when we go away.

However it seems fate had other plans...

Taking my cat and dog into the vets for their vaccs last week the vet asked me if I would help her out as they’d had a rabbit brought in running loose in town.

She asked if I still had any rabbit bits and bobs to foster him. Well my husband calls me a bit of a hoarder so despite clearing out the outdoor hutch and run I still had most of her original house rabbit stuff which meant I’d cobbled together a temp rabbit home within an hour and found myself with “Thumper” an entire castor Rex who I’m currently mentally calling Humper 🙄.

It’s been over a week and no one has come forward to claim him despite Facebook alerts on the local pages, vets webpage, posters in vets etc so it looks like he might be staying 😳. The kids are smitten and he has bonded with me - following me everywhere (and trying to mount me when I sit down). So I guess next week I’ll be making an appointment to get him neutered and chipped (had vaccs done before I took him home). Oh dear - the vet said that’s what I get for being a good pet owner - I just think she knew a soft touch when she saw one.

He is gorgeous and having had a pair of Rex rabbits before they are a bit of a fave breed!

I’m glad you have ended up with Thumper, I hope neutering him solves the humping!

Well he was in today and is now neutered and microchipped so I guess he’s ours now :roll:!

Ah lucky bunny :D fate is a funny thing! Millie also found us in a similar way - found as a stray, handed in to a vet then passed to the rescue I volunteer for. Posters, Facebook posts etc looking for her owners were unsuccessful and she became my first failed foster :lol:

I changed the pic on my profile to him as it was originally my old British giant Zeus - Thumper (still not keen on the name the vets assigned him ;)) matches my furniture :lol: .

Last edited:
Back