Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: A sombre question, but ...

I havenít, I think they will probably cross to the bridge before I do. I donít intend to get anymore pets.

If I were to go before them I know my partner would look after them as he loves them just as much as I do

Quote Originally Posted by Alison Marie View Post
    I havenít, I think they will probably cross to the bridge before I do. I donít intend to get anymore pets.

If I were to go before them I know my partner would look after them as he loves them just as much as I do

I was thinking of the 'both go down together' scenario where there's no-one obvious ..

I don't have a proper will but when I do make one I would definitely want to put a statement about my pets in there. My partner and family know how important they are to me and if they don't personally take excellent care of my bunnies or give them to a reputable rescue then then I find a way to haunt them (the family not the rabbits)
    Elmo and Cookie the Thrianta brothers ♥
    Princess the Lionlop

Quote Originally Posted by DemiS View Post
    I don't have a proper will but when I do make one I would definitely want to put a statement about my pets in there. My partner and family know how important they are to me and if they don't personally take excellent care of my bunnies or give them to a reputable rescue then then I find a way to haunt them (the family not the rabbits)

I think that's a very good idea!

I would hate to leave it to chance and think that they just went back to a rescue, or God forbid, be split up

Quote Originally Posted by TheBee View Post
    We regularly had this when I was with the RSPCA. Generally the adopter would discuss with both rescues, put us in touch and weíd decide who was best to take them back. Guess this would be the same situation.

Thank you, that's reassuring to know

Quote Originally Posted by MightyMax View Post
    I think that's a very good idea!

I would hate to leave it to chance and think that they just went back to a rescue, or God forbid, be split up
    I know my partner wouldn't do this but I could definitely see my family giving the rabbits away to the first person who says 'aw I like rabbits I'll take them' without any kind of questioning/home check, so I'd much rather they go to a rescue
    Elmo and Cookie the Thrianta brothers ♥
    Princess the Lionlop

Quote Originally Posted by DemiS View Post
    I know my partner wouldn't do this but I could definitely see my family giving the rabbits away to the first person who says 'aw I like rabbits I'll take them' without any kind of questioning/home check, so I'd much rather they go to a rescue

It's a risk, as for non-rabbit folk I doubt they would be a high priority.

I think organising something fairly watertight, to keep them all alive (not euthanised) and together is very important to me. I would also consider leaving a sum of money for their provisions for the rest of their lives

Alpha Buck

With our friend's agreement, our will gives her money with the specific purpose of finding rescue places for our bunnies. She is not an animal person but she is very organised and very trustworthy. The rescue will be given £500 for each rabbit taken in. She has a list of two rescues we trust to rehome our bunnies (which were the ones we got them from mostly). That was the best we could do for them really as we know no one who would take them on. Of course, we have now moved to the other side of the country so we need to change it I guess!

Quote Originally Posted by bunnylover177 View Post
    With our friend's agreement, our will gives her money with the specific purpose of finding rescue places for our bunnies. She is not an animal person but she is very organised and very trustworthy. The rescue will be given £500 for each rabbit taken in. She has a list of two rescues we trust to rehome our bunnies (which were the ones we got them from mostly). That was the best we could do for them really as we know no one who would take them on. Of course, we have now moved to the other side of the country so we need to change it I guess!

Yes, it's a problem if you don't have a 'blanket' will statement that will cover all eventualities (hard I know) but great that you've thought about it. Loads of people don't and their poor pets are left in a mess afterwards.