• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

A sombre question, but ...

I haven’t, I think they will probably cross to the bridge before I do. I don’t intend to get anymore pets.

If I were to go before them I know my partner would look after them as he loves them just as much as I do :)

I haven’t, I think they will probably cross to the bridge before I do. I don’t intend to get anymore pets.

If I were to go before them I know my partner would look after them as he loves them just as much as I do :)

I was thinking of the 'both go down together' scenario where there's no-one obvious ..

I don't have a proper will but when I do make one I would definitely want to put a statement about my pets in there. My partner and family know how important they are to me and if they don't personally take excellent care of my bunnies or give them to a reputable rescue then then I find a way to haunt them (the family not the rabbits) :p

I don't have a proper will but when I do make one I would definitely want to put a statement about my pets in there. My partner and family know how important they are to me and if they don't personally take excellent care of my bunnies or give them to a reputable rescue then then I find a way to haunt them (the family not the rabbits) :p

:lol: I think that's a very good idea!

I would hate to leave it to chance and think that they just went back to a rescue, or God forbid, be split up :shock:

We regularly had this when I was with the RSPCA. Generally the adopter would discuss with both rescues, put us in touch and we’d decide who was best to take them back. Guess this would be the same situation.

Thank you, that's reassuring to know :)

:lol: I think that's a very good idea!

I would hate to leave it to chance and think that they just went back to a rescue, or God forbid, be split up :shock:

I know my partner wouldn't do this but I could definitely see my family giving the rabbits away to the first person who says 'aw I like rabbits I'll take them' without any kind of questioning/home check, so I'd much rather they go to a rescue

I know my partner wouldn't do this but I could definitely see my family giving the rabbits away to the first person who says 'aw I like rabbits I'll take them' without any kind of questioning/home check, so I'd much rather they go to a rescue

It's a risk, as for non-rabbit folk I doubt they would be a high priority.

I think organising something fairly watertight, to keep them all alive (not euthanised) and together is very important to me. I would also consider leaving a sum of money for their provisions for the rest of their lives :)

With our friend's agreement, our will gives her money with the specific purpose of finding rescue places for our bunnies. She is not an animal person but she is very organised and very trustworthy. The rescue will be given £500 for each rabbit taken in. She has a list of two rescues we trust to rehome our bunnies (which were the ones we got them from mostly). That was the best we could do for them really as we know no one who would take them on. Of course, we have now moved to the other side of the country so we need to change it I guess!

With our friend's agreement, our will gives her money with the specific purpose of finding rescue places for our bunnies. She is not an animal person but she is very organised and very trustworthy. The rescue will be given £500 for each rabbit taken in. She has a list of two rescues we trust to rehome our bunnies (which were the ones we got them from mostly). That was the best we could do for them really as we know no one who would take them on. Of course, we have now moved to the other side of the country so we need to change it I guess!

Yes, it's a problem if you don't have a 'blanket' will statement that will cover all eventualities (hard I know) but great that you've thought about it. Loads of people don't and their poor pets are left in a mess afterwards.

Back