Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cost of vaccinations

Default Cost of vaccinations

Hi all,

We are in the unfortunate position of having 6 of our rabbits due both the Combi/Myxi Jab and the Rhd 2.

Our vets seem to be one of the most expensive from what I've seen on here, charging around £30 for the Rhd2 and £50 odd for the Combi. Times this by 6 and its a lot of money

I'm interested in what others pay for these jabs, whether other vets practices offer discounts for multiple pets or the ability to pay in instalments, for example.

Should I just accept that these jabs are expensive or is my vet seriously inflating the price?

Thanks x

**created by my DD Lionheadlop**

Mines £35 for RHD2 and £30 for the combo jab... £50 does seem a lot.. If you have a great vet and he'll look them all over too I may just go there anyway.. Otherwise I'd shop around a vets4pets may be cheaper? x

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Wise Old Thumper

I would prefer to go to the vet who holds my rabbits records.

Wise Old Thumper

I think I paid something similar last time, only the cost of the RHD2 was the more expensive. My vet has given me a discount previously for 3+ rabbits, which I think was 10%.

I think you should certainly receive some sort of discount for yours if you take them all at once.
    "The mind tells me this is our new reality, the heart aches for it to be just a bad dream" Frans Timmermans

Wise Old Thumper

I'm pretty certain Anton vets used to give a discount for multi rabbits.
    Have just looked on their website: Combination £37.91; RHD2 £38.51 (without any discount offered).

Quote Originally Posted by Babsie View Post
    I would prefer to go to the vet who holds my rabbits records.
    I agree with this, although as I only have Frosty now itís less expensive. I seem to remember they were both around £35 ish ? Even back when I had 5 I never bothered shopping around.

I think itís worth asking if they will give discounts for all your rabbits.

Binky free at the bridge Boots, you will never be forgotten xxxx
    IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING PLEASE SEND ME A PM OR ANY OF THE OTHER FORUM BUDDIES

Mama Doe

It is worth asking your vet if they will do a discount if you take them all in together. Our vet used to give discounts on Rabbit Tuesday. It is also worth ringing round to see what other vets in your area would charge for all 6.

Quote Originally Posted by TheThreeB's View Post
    Hi all,

We are in the unfortunate position of having 6 of our rabbits due both the Combi/Myxi Jab and the Rhd 2.

Our vets seem to be one of the most expensive from what I've seen on here, charging around £30 for the Rhd2 and £50 odd for the Combi. Times this by 6 and its a lot of money

I'm interested in what others pay for these jabs, whether other vets practices offer discounts for multiple pets or the ability to pay in instalments, for example.

Should I just accept that these jabs are expensive or is my vet seriously inflating the price?

Thanks x

I shop around. For multiple rabbits the cost can be prohibitive. My usual vet charges significantly more for RHD2 than another vet close by.

It's fine if you've just one rabbit, but I think for multiple rabbits it can be a sensible option to shop around unless you want to stick with your vet come hell or high water.

What you are paying is more than I have ever paid for my rabbits' vaccinations.
    Up to date and comprehensive info on RHD2:
    http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/sh...16-Sept/page14
    An extensive guide to all things RHD2 - Please Vaccinate!

Wise Old Thumper

Someone on here was getting a good deal for vacs, I think it was Willow & Squiggles. I don't know if you both live nearby. I will look for the Thread.

when I did pay, it was £28 for the combi and I believe £30 for the rhd2. now I pay £7 a month (per rabbit) and get both free, along with other discounts.

honestly I don't see the issue shopping around. sometimes a vet is too expensive, or you can not reach them at that time. I've known plenty have a vet for having vaccines and another for actual checkups.. it works out fine.
    Snoopy : 14.02.15 - 12.05.17 [mini rex]👑Luna : 14.02.15 [rex]👑Orion : 21.10.17 [mini rex]