• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Your bunny names

loobers25

Warren Veteran
So what was the story behind your bunny names? Some members have some really different names and always wondered.

Toby and Maple I just liked those names and are pretty basic. Joe said no Toby at first as it reminds him of a name of a horrid chubby posh kid at a private school. I said that's perfect then. Toby would definitely still your lunch money. He's such a brut at meal times.

And Dennis my mum named he was bonded to Barry and she likes human names. She also had a rat called Dave at the time

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Given that over the last 20+ years I have had over 130 Rabbits it could take me til next year to type out an answer to the question you pose in this thread !! :lol:

'Hillian' - aka Henry and Lillian came with their names and I'm not a fan of changing rabbits names. If that's part of their past, regardless of what they were called pre-rescue centre, then so be it. I feel that remains part of their identity. My bridge buns Max, Sam, Ben and Genrogina...well, Georgina was called George by her former owners after Rainbow charachters (that's Rainbow the itv childrens lunctime programe). But when we got Georgina, I quickly discovered George was female so we named her Georgina. That really suited her. At that time we already had a single black rabbit that we found roaming round the streets where we lived. He was jet black and we couldn't find a suitable name for him. Then, walking back from town one afternoon, we talked about Coca Cola which I then shifted to Pepsi but Pepsi seemed a bit inapropriate so I then linked it to Pepsi Max and then shortened it to Max. We lost Max and got Sam from a rescue centre. We chose his name going with the 3 letter theme from Max. He was Georgina's hus-bun for about a year/18 months and then he died suddenly and we went to the rescure centre again to find our dear bridge bun Ben - sticking with the 3 letter name. Ben was adorable and formed such a wonderful loving deep bond with Georgina. We lost them close together last September/October and now have Hillian.

Given that over the last 20+ years I have had over 130 Rabbits it could take me til next year to type out an answer to the question you pose in this thread !! :lol:

:lol:

The first rabbit I had as an adult was Sooty, he was an otter Rex I think.he was a rabbit I bought at the first and last rabbit show I ever went to. The kids called him that and the name stuck!

The second rabbit was Miffy, a white lion head rabbit. In fact the third one was also a white lion head and she was called Miffy too, again this were the kids choice, after the books!

Fluffy Ginger and Apricot Sundae (ginger and apricot for short :lol:) were named by my daughter, they were gingery lion head sisters.

Dandy and Beano were already named by the rescue, they were half Wildie brothers and they really were comic characters so the names stayed.

Boots was already named by the rescue and the name just suited him :love:

Frosty was called Bruce Lee by the rescue on account of a big rescue involving police, rspca, mental health services, his owner had him on his shoulder whilst brandishing a samurai sword :shock: Bruce Lee was a mouthful and so we called him Frosty on account of his frosty point colour. Aka Mr Frosty or Frosticles. Hubby often calls him bun bun :lol:

Joey cos he persicoped loads & reminded us of a baby kanga, Boo cos she looked like a ghost & spooks a lot, Mouse cos she has a pretty face & big ears & is timid

Love the explanation about how you got to keep Tobys name

my other bunnies were all mine & I didn't have to consult about their names like I have to now. I just chose them cos I liked them - apart from Angel (I don't really like that name which was taken from my fave DJ Dave Angel). There was also Ralph, Kitty, Noodle & Myrtle

My bridge pair,Rio and Cleo.They were my teenage nieces choice,they were her rabbits.I ended up their main carer,she has asthma and had a hay dust allergy we found out.Bunnies were decanted to my room for sleeping,though free ranged in the house.She just liked the names.

Current rabbits

Bonny, Bing and Bluebell - chosen by my children.
Theo - came with the name and we liked it.
Buffy - 'fluffy Buffy' my choice.
Blossom - we said at the time that she was now able to 'Blossom' into the rabbit she was supposed to be.
Loki - because when we got him he was small and evil (he's not anymore, well still small, but not evil).
Thor and Skye - to match with Loki (Skye is from Marvel Agents of Shield).
Spud - my dd said he was like a little potato.
Dottie - for obvious reasons.
Ziggy - chosen by the children.

x

I liked the name Atticus from to kill a mockingbird, and my mum chose Clementines name kinda, I really loved it but I often ask her what she thinks about names haha, she also named Gus the hamster, as we didn't know what to call him and she said he looked like a Gus and it stuck :)

I have a list of names I love tho, some pretty out there and with previous animals I've always just known what to call them :)

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

My OH who didn't want bunnies fell in love with the picture of Archie before we got there. He was named before we saw him as Archiebald Montgomery Barnicle by my OH.
This is because he looks like a grumpy old bun who would look dashing in a tweed jacket and monocle. Lol

However he is only called that when he is being naughty.

He quickly became Boob, because he's clumsy and a bit of a Boob. But this has now become Boobles. Or Archie Boo.

Pretty sure he also named Pippin when we got there. Just because it suited her.

She is more often called Pip, Pip Pip, Pipsqueak, Squeaker or my personal favourite.....Squeakathon.....lol

Neighbours must think we are bananas.

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Bridge Nethie Charlie was because he was funny, like a clown, and Charlie was a clown's name. My Mum spelt it wrong on his grave slate :lol: She put 'Charley'! I suspect the paint's rubbed off enough in the last 20 years that I can redo it with the correct spelling ;P

Lopsy came to us as Flopsy, and Matt was worried he understood his name (ha ha!) but Flopsy didn't suit him, so we just shortened it :) Aboleth is 'just a nice name': we were talking about the names of D&D monsters and peole calling their kids stupid names, and we thought it was a nice name for a girl but as a) we don't really like kids and b) OMG would never call a kid that! we decided to name ex-Bluebell that when we adopted her, as she'd only been Bluebell for a month or so.

Audrey
Benjamin
Charlie
Dougal
Elsie....

My last hamster was called Vera so my next animal will have a name beginning with W!

The rescue rabbits, and guineas, all have unique names as we only use a name once ( except in 2 instances ). As time goes in the names can get more random. We do try to have themes, islands lasted us nearly 3 years and car names about 2 !
Only a few have a story behind their names as in Starfish ( the Starfish parable ), Promise, as I promised her she would have a better life, ect. I try to pick names that suit the animals but sometimes I am pleased when people change them!

Frosty and Snowflake cos I impulse bought them from a pet shop in the winter. Was advised to keep them indoors which I happily did til I bonded them into a quad.

Tessie and Daisy already named by barc rescue. I liked both names

Loganberry and Moondust already named by the rescue, aka Kevin and Billie (brother loves football and has named them after kevin keegan, newcastle black and white strip and billy bremmner, leeds white strip) to match their colours. He is very taken with Kevin/Loganberry and asks after him whenever he phones!

I have no idea how chase was called chase, my nephew thinks it's paw patrol, my dad this its the tv programme, my grandad think its because he likes to play chase

Mylo is named after Coldplay's album Mylo Xyloto, it was our favourite album around the time we got her (our other name idea was Charlie Brown, a song from the same album!).

Theo's full name is King Theoden, just because I'm a little bit obsessed with Middle Earth :lol:

Bridge bunny before him was Prince(ss) Fili (we didn't know 'he' was a she until after she died and had a PM).

Before Fili, we had Barnaby, he came with the name and it just suited him :D

Beano - I was 13 at the time and reading a book by one of my fav authors, in it there was a rabbit called Beano. He was an albino, Beano was a she and a harlequin but hey ho!

Gordon - named at rescue and I liked it

Boris - my sister who found him straying named him 'boris the beglian hare's

Jake - named by pah adoption and it suits him

Jasmine - was called m imosa in rescue but it didn't sound right with Jake and I started to like flower/plant names for rabbits :)

Back