Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Your bunny names

Bridge Nethie Charlie was because he was funny, like a clown, and Charlie was a clown's name. My Mum spelt it wrong on his grave slate She put 'Charley'! I suspect the paint's rubbed off enough in the last 20 years that I can redo it with the correct spelling ;P

Lopsy came to us as Flopsy, and Matt was worried he understood his name (ha ha!) but Flopsy didn't suit him, so we just shortened it Aboleth is 'just a nice name': we were talking about the names of D&D monsters and peole calling their kids stupid names, and we thought it was a nice name for a girl but as a) we don't really like kids and b) OMG would never call a kid that! we decided to name ex-Bluebell that when we adopted her, as she'd only been Bluebell for a month or so.
    The geeky one...

Often available for bunny runs: PM for details.

Audrey
    Benjamin
    Charlie
    Dougal
    Elsie....

My last hamster was called Vera so my next animal will have a name beginning with W!

Wise Old Thumper

The rescue rabbits, and guineas, all have unique names as we only use a name once ( except in 2 instances ). As time goes in the names can get more random. We do try to have themes, islands lasted us nearly 3 years and car names about 2 !
    Only a few have a story behind their names as in Starfish ( the Starfish parable ), Promise, as I promised her she would have a better life, ect. I try to pick names that suit the animals but sometimes I am pleased when people change them!
    Jill

Frosty and Snowflake cos I impulse bought them from a pet shop in the winter. Was advised to keep them indoors which I happily did til I bonded them into a quad.

Tessie and Daisy already named by barc rescue. I liked both names

Loganberry and Moondust already named by the rescue, aka Kevin and Billie (brother loves football and has named them after kevin keegan, newcastle black and white strip and billy bremmner, leeds white strip) to match their colours. He is very taken with Kevin/Loganberry and asks after him whenever he phones!

I have no idea how chase was called chase, my nephew thinks it's paw patrol, my dad this its the tv programme, my grandad think its because he likes to play chase

Mylo is named after Coldplay's album Mylo Xyloto, it was our favourite album around the time we got her (our other name idea was Charlie Brown, a song from the same album!).

Theo's full name is King Theoden, just because I'm a little bit obsessed with Middle Earth

Bridge bunny before him was Prince(ss) Fili (we didn't know 'he' was a she until after she died and had a PM).

Before Fili, we had Barnaby, he came with the name and it just suited him

Beano - I was 13 at the time and reading a book by one of my fav authors, in it there was a rabbit called Beano. He was an albino, Beano was a she and a harlequin but hey ho!

Gordon - named at rescue and I liked it

Boris - my sister who found him straying named him 'boris the beglian hare's

Jake - named by pah adoption and it suits him

Jasmine - was called m imosa in rescue but it didn't sound right with Jake and I started to like flower/plant names for rabbits

If you need help with anything PM me or any of the other forum buddies (name shown in green)