• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Jasper has left us.

nkariuz

Warren Scout
Its with great sadness that Jaspers brave fight for last 2 years with his Thymoma came to an end on Saturday.

You read about his story here. http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?457950-Jaspers-Thymoma-Update-P81

Right to end his spirit shone through and he was a very loving / bossy rabbit till the end, always giving me a friendly nip to keep me on my toes :)

When I visited the Balerno Sspca rescue centre back in 2010 Japser was licking me like mad the moment we met and I was told sometimes the rabbit picks the owner, and i am very lucky he picked me and we had 9 years together.

Jasper was incredibly brave in the last 2 years continually bouncing back from treatment and the multiple GA. After his chest surgery it broke my heart to see him looking with most of his fur missing, hunched in a very uncomfortable position and looking in a very sorry state but it proved to be the right choice for Jasper as he came back bright as ever and the treatment extend his life by about 2 years. Mysty was with him to end and was snuggled in beside him as he passed.

I must thank the great team at the Royal **** University Hospital ( small animal ) in Edinburgh for there amazing care and love they gave Jasper through his time there, and especially letting me visit Jasper daily for the weeks he stayed there.

Here are some of my fave pics of Jasper.

2012_03_09153047.jpg

021_1.jpg

IMG_1555_zpsmd9zebfi.jpg

0072.jpg

I'm sorry you lost your very beautiful & exceptionally brave bunny. I'll be thinking of you & Mysty. Sweet dreams Jasper xx

I am really so very sorry to read this sad news about Jasper :cry: He was a wonderful, brave and beautiful rabbit and I'm so pleased that you and Mysty had an extra 2 years after he began his treatment.

I am very sorry to read this and having a small tear myself. Jasper was a beautiful, beautiful bunny, courageous and full of spirit and determination. The photos are a wonderful tribute to him and his life was blessed with your love and care. Binky free dear little Jasper. x

So sorry to hear about Jasper, what a very brave bunny. He obviously chose the right person to take him home, look after him when he was ill, and shower him with love through this life. Binky free beautiful brave Jasper xxxx

Sorry about the loss of your beautiful Jasper. It's very clear he was loved deeply xx

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Very sorry for your loss. Looks and sounds like he lived life to the full which is all we can wish for x

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

I am very sorry you lost Jasper. I just read through his story and agree with what the vet nurses called him, a super bunny :love: Binky free Jasper xx

Thank you for all the kind words.

During Jaspers treatment the vets asked me if they could use Jaspers case to help their studies as Thyomoas are still not well understood in rabbits.

With Jaspers passing i agreed to let the vets do an autopsy to further help with their studies and hopefully Jaspers case might help some bunny in the future.

Best wishes nkariuz; very generous of you to agree to the autopsy, and I hope Jasper's case helps understand more about the condition :)

Back